About the role
Position: Residential Team Leader
Location: Ormond, Victoria, Australia
Industry: Community Services
Salary: AU$82000 – AU$87000 per annum + NFP salary packaging options
At ACSO, we look for people who believe in second chances, who share our values and are passionate about supporting forensic clients to re integrate back into the community. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Ethical, self-motivated and committed to helping others achieve their goals
- A minimum diploma level qualification in Community Services, Mental Health or a similar field
- Prior experience in a supervisory or leadership role
- Knowledge of the challenges faced by those leaving the prison system, and an interest and willingness to work with those presenting with high risk offence histories
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Capable of establishing and maintaining clear professional boundaries
- A strong sense of personal accountability and resilience
What ACSO can offer you
- Full time, permanent position available. Ormond location!
- $82,774 base salary + 9.5 % superannuation ($90,500 approx. package) + NFP salary packaging options (more after tax $ in your pocket!)
- Paid parental leave
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Learning and development opportunities
- Wellbeing initiatives such as free flu vaccines, Employee Assistance Program and Reward and Recognition Program
- Flexible working arrangements
About the organisation
The Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO) is a vibrant, values driven NFP, focused on partnering with Government and the community to co-design services that create real social change. We are an organisation with a bold vision to create a safe and inclusive community where prison truly is the last resort. Our purpose is to strengthen the wellbeing of our communities by advocating for and delivering services which divert people away from the justice system.
The Australian Community Support Organisation recognises the right to a safe and inclusive service without bias. ACSO is committed to the equitable treatment of its participants, employees and partners. We believe in humanity and celebrating the diverse voices of our community through leadership, practice and policy design, to honour and embrace diverse traditions, cultures and experiences of those we support and work alongside.
The program and the role
Our SFDA program provides day to day support to people with a disability who have had contact or are at risk of having contact with the justice system. Our residents are supported to develop their independent living skills and navigate their individual circumstances to positively participate in the community
Success as a Team Leader requires you to have strong leadership qualities and a sound understanding of SFDA service provision. Reporting to the Program Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day service delivery of and supervising a medium sized team to ensure quality client outcomes. Given this is a 24/7 supported service, you must be flexible in your availability to provide leadership support and presen ce on weekends as required.
How to apply
Please note, as ACSO is an NDIS provider, the successful candidate must hold an NDIS Worker Screening Check Clearance before they commence employment in this position.
To apply and view the position description (PD), please visit our careers website and provide a copy of your resume, a brief covering letter and a document outlining responses to the selection criteria found in the PD.
ACSO embraces diversity within its workforce and as such encourages applications from appropriately qualified and skilled people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island heritage. ACSO acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Victoria and pays respect to them, their culture and their Elders, past and present.
Please contact Brenda Suckling, Program Manager – Residential on 0438 839 436 to learn more about this position.
Please quote in application: Residential Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.