About the role
Position: Senior Policy Lead
Location: Ashfield, New South Wales, Australia
Industry: Not for Profit and Charities
- Full Time Permanent Role
- Based in Ashfield with opportunity to work from home/remotely
- Competitive salary for the right candidate plus Salary Packaging Options!
An opportunity exists for a full-time, permanent position for a Senior Policy Lead to join an existing high functioning Research & policy team.
You will be responsible to lead policy initiatives and build the evidence base for SSI’s strategic priorities, influence and thought leadership agenda at a national level and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to undertake policy analysis and develop advice to underpin influence in social policy in areas relevant to SSI’s strategic priorities
- Monitor and analyse trends and developments in social policy, practice and research with people experiencing vulnerability and inequality relevant to SSI’s priorities
- Research and maintain the Social Policy Index to deliver consistent and updated policy analysis and advice to underpin and shape SSI’s influence and external relations
- Analyse and synthesise research for briefs and summaries to assist with SSI’s influence in social policy and contribute to outcomes aligned to SSI’s Social Impact Framework including the annual Foundations for Belonging research of refugees.
- Contribute to thought leadership initiatives through undertaking detailed and rigorous research and lead the development of occasional papers/reports for audiences of decision-makers aligned to outcomes in SSI’s Social Impact Framework.
- Assess, scope, and manage the development of policy submissions that are relevant to SSI’s strategic priorities in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Work with external research partners to progress joint initiatives and co-ordinate internal activities to support these research partnerships that advance SSI’s Research Agenda and contribute to outcomes in SSI’s Social Impact Framework.
- Communicate effectively and develop strong collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to further the impact of the Research and Policy team
- Work with the Head Research and Policy and other internal stakeholders to develop an annual research and policy workplan aligned with SSI’s Strategic Plan that contributes to SSI’s social impact
Other duties as directed from time to time within your skills range and capacity.
You will need to have at least a Tertiary degree in a relevant discipline, ideally with a research component.
- Well-developed research and policy analysis skills and experience;
- Demonstrated experience of contributing to, and understanding of, government decision-making and policy making processes;
- A strong track record in developing written briefs and succinct reports for a range of audiences;
- Strong project management skills, ideally in a research and policy environment;
- A breadth of experience in the human services sector, including a strong understanding of social policy and service delivery issues for refugee and migrant communities;
The position also has a number of desirable areas of skills and experience which can be viewed in the Position Description.
About our Benefits
- Salary packaging options to receive up to $15,900 of your salary tax-free meaning more take-home pay!
- Industry leading flexible working arrangement supported to work from home and office, including 9-day fortnight;
- Access to in-house training and learning opportunities for professional development and growth;
- Access to our inhouse wellbeing programs
- Working alongside professional and dedicated team members all wanting to make a difference in our communities.
About the organisation
Settlement Services International (SSI Group) is a community-based organisation and social business that supports newcomers and Australians to achieve their full potential. Taking an integrated approach how everyone can thrive within the community in which they live and the wider Australian society, we support children, young people and families; people living with disability; and asylum seekers, refugees and migrants. Our programs include facilitating employment, multicultural foster care, creating community engagement, advocacy, and influencing government and international affairs and provide though leadership within our sector nationally and globally.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior Policy Lead via Pro Bono Australia.