About the role
- Fantastic opportunity to work within a supportive and professional Paediatric Multidisciplinary Allied Health team
- Based in Coburg, Inner North Metropolitan Melbourne
- Fulltime or part time options, 12 month position
- Potential for extension and complementary roles across the organisation
Your new role
As a Speech Pathologist on the Child health team, you will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality, evidence based speech pathology services and health education in line with accepted professional standards
- Assessment and management of paediatric speech pathology clients using individual, group, education and consultative models.
- In collaboration, develop, implement and evaluate therapy programs appropriate to the work of the Child Health Team.
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself. We’re looking for individuals with:
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team, including within groups and joint assessments
- Ability to independently manage a speech pathology caseload
- Experience developing, running and evaluating group and individual therapy programs.
- Experience working in culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- Strong clinical problem solving skills and experience developing shared goals in partnership with families
What we offer
Come and join a professional, supportive team at Merri Health. We prioritise professional development, learning with each other, through supervision, peer support and cross-team consultation. The Child Health team also works collaboratively with other Paediatric Allied Health teams within Merri, including our School Readiness teams and MerriKids Early Childhood Intervention.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Speech Pathologist via Pro Bono Australia.