About the role
What’s on offer:
- $105,000k per annum plus super
- Generous NFP salary sacrifice opportunities (up to $15,800 annually tax-free)
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly work environment
Are you an experienced executive with a passion for helping people?
Who we’re seeking:
Out Doors Inc. seeks a dynamic executive who will work collaboratively with the CEO, stakeholders and the community to advance the vision, mission and organisational performance of the organisation. The role is to lead and manage a range of high-quality community services and programs that are responsive to community needs and meet relevant service contracts, standards and legislation. Responsible for the development of partnerships and implementation of projects with agencies and corporate sectors within the parameters of the Out Doors Inc Strategic Plan. This position will suit someone with extensive experience in staff management, passion for supporting our community, excellent interpersonal skills and “out-of-the-box thinking”.
Out Doors Inc. employs staff based on the individual’s attitudes, values and beliefs being in line with the core values and culture of our organisation.
What you’ll do:
- As a member of the Executive Team, provide leadership, vision and strategic direction to the team by ensuring that the day to day operations of the Out Doors’ programs including staff, budgets and resources, delivers on the annual KPIs.
- To ensure operational services are delivered to related quality standards, comply with relevant legislation and achieve contract requirements.
- Assist the CEO in the implementation of Out Doors’ strategic and business plans.
- To seek partnerships and implement projects with agencies and the corporate sector to enhance and assist Out Doors strategic direction.
How you’ll demonstrate your experience:
To be considered for this role, your Cover Letter and CV will demonstrate the following.
- Tertiary qualifications and a minimum of 10 years experience in human services/resources management and ability to provide leadership at a senior level.
- Demonstrated capacity to work as part of the Executive Team and support the CEO and the Council (Board) in achieving the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Leadership experience in complex human service organisations with demonstrated ability to manage a multi-disciplinary team.
- Working knowledge and understanding of state and federal Government policies, Acts and legislation relevant to Out Doors Inc. services including NDIS.
- Track record of leadership in program innovation and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to form partnerships with a range of professionals, community groups, corporates and key stakeholders.
- Experience in working with, and an understanding of and sensitivity to, the issues relevant to people living with a mental illness and a strong commitment to the principles of social justice: access, equity and participation.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills, including demonstrated ability to write and present clearly and concisely for specific targeted groups and prepare high-level briefings, reports, papers and correspondence.
- Sound fiscal management within an environment attracting multiple sources of funding.
- Knowledge of and commitment to continuous improvement, quality standards and best practice approaches.
- Well-developed computer capabilities.
About the organisation
Out Doors is a not-for-profit organisation that delivers outdoor adventure and recreation programs Victoria-wide for people at risk or living with a mental health issue.
We believe that people learn best by ‘doing’ and focus on every participant's ability rather than illness or disability.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: State Manager Corporate and Community Services via Pro Bono Australia.