About the role
- Heidelberg or Epping location
- Fixed-term and ongoing positions available
- Salary packaging of $15,900 per annum available
Kids First Australia has an exciting Hub Practitioner role working within NEMA Orange Door; a multi-agency hub that delivers high quality, safe and effective responses, in partnership with Family Safety Victoria (FSV).
The Orange Door Support and Safety Hubs (Orange Door) were established as a recommendation from the Royal Commission into Family Violence and refer to the new access points for women, children and young people who are experiencing family violence, or families who need assistance with the care and wellbeing of children, to access the services they need to be safe and supported. The Orange Door aims to be accessible, safe, and welcoming and provide quick and simple access to services and supports.
The Hub Practitioner role sits within a multi-agency team delivering high quality screening and triage, assessment, crisis responses, service planning, targeted interventions, and referral.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, or similar field
- No less than 3 years of experience working in the child welfare and/or family violence sectors
- Experience working with families and children presenting with complex needs and risk issues in any of the following areas: Family Services, Child Protection, Intake and Assessment and/or other
services working with vulnerable families and children
- Current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
As a member of the Kids First team, you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes-focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years of community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take-home pay
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
- Have access to regular supervision and professional development
- 3 days ex-gratia leave each year
- Portable long service leave
- Be working in a friendly, supportive work environment
About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Support and Safety Hub Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.