About the role
An exciting opportunity to become a valued volunteer director of the L’Arche NSW community. We are a community of people with and without an intellectual disability sharing everyday life together. In this we are able to receive real and positive difference for ourselves and thus for everyone we serve in the community.
Placed within the L’Arche NSW Board, this newly created part-time role will support the governance operations of the community and coordinate the secretariat function of the Board and Board sub-committees.
Reporting to the Board Chair, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the planning, governance and administration processes related to the Board and Board sub-committees including preparing and distributing meeting papers and
- Acting as the central liaison for the Board Chair, the Board and Board sub-committees, both internally and externally, ensuring positive, collaborative and effective relationships.
- Reviewing, developing and maintaining efficient governance and administrative systems, processes and frameworks for the governing bodies to ensure continuous improvement and compliance with best
- Assisting with the capability development of the Board by arranging, developing and maintaining programs of induction, recruitment and training for Board and Board sub-committee
The desirables for the candidate:
- Previous board/committee secretarial experience.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to foster communication at a board/committee level.
- A down to earth and collaborative working style.
Critical to your success in this role will be your ability to advise the Board and its sub-committees on governance matters and to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of ASIC & ACNC requirements in relation to organisational governance.
About L’Arche NSW
In L’Arche NSW we change lives by supporting, caring and making known the gifts and intrinsic value of people with intellectual disabilities. We believe that every person has a unique contribution to make to Australian society.
In the communities of L’Arche in Australia people with and without an intellectual disability share life in a spirit of care, compassion and friendship. Through sharing daily life, with all its joys and struggles, opportunities for learning and celebration, mutuality grows and lives are transformed.
Communities welcome members of all faith traditions or none. Members with an intellectual disability work or join day programs outside the community that fit their interests. People may choose to join in church life, to join a sports club or take up painting or gardening…
Through engaging in advocacy and public education, L’Arche NSW community want to contribute to creating a more inclusive society.
About the organisation
L’Arche NSW Community, we offer high quality, person-centred support for adults with intellectual disabilities.
Reflecting the diversity, uniqueness and differing needs of each person, some individuals are supported in their own homes for a few hours per week, while others are supported twenty-four hours a day in community supported-living services and other people may have short stays in a Community.
How to apply
How to apply
If you have exceptional skills in the above areas and are looking to thrive in a role that you can really take ownership of, please submit your resume in Word format. To confidentially discuss this role further, please feel free to call Kumar Rasiah (Board Chair) on 02 97878132
Please quote in application: Volunteer-Board Member via Pro Bono Australia.