About the role
COME JOIN TRAVELLERS AID AS A VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR!
YOU’LL LEARN NEW SKILLS, DEVELOP EXISTING ONES, DEEPEN YOUR EXPERIENCES AND JOIN A TEAM OF HIGHLY PROFESSIONAL AND VERY COMMITTED PEOPLE. WE CAN OFFER:
- Flexible working conditions
- Supportive Team
- Training and development opportunities
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) that’s available to all staff and their families.
WHAT WILL YOUR DAY AS A TRAVELLERS AID VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR LOOK LIKE?
We are seeking expressions of interest for a Volunteer Coordinator for a maternity leave replacement position on a 6-12 month contract role (with the possibility of extension).
The Travellers Aid Volunteering Program offers an opportunity to get involved in the disability services and community sector, gain a range of valuable experiences and connect with other enthusiastic volunteers. Our program offers a range of exciting opportunities assisting services uses with permanent disability, temporary impairment or those with age-related mobility challenges.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Coordinate Travellers Aid’s volunteer program based on our existing volunteer framework and the needs of the organisation.
- Recruit, onboard, train develop and provide support to the volunteers and site supervisors.
- Create a valuable experience for volunteers at Travellers aid.
- Initiate new opportunities to expand the volunteering positions available
Detailed information provided in the attached position description.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE:
- Qualification in business administration, human resources, or similar field.
- At least 2-5 years of proven experience coordinating a volunteer program.
- Competency in cloud-based IT systems including Microsoft Office applications and HR databases.
- A basic understanding of HR principles, frameworks, and change management.
- A commitment to values-based workforce management.
APPLY TODAY AS WE WOULD IDEALLY LIKE YOU TO START FROM 1ST JUNE OR 1ST JULY 2021 TO ALLOW FOR A THOROUGH HANDOVER.
About the organisation
WHO WE ARE
Travellers Aid is committed to enabling individuals of all abilities to connect to people and place. We take pride in the diverse backgrounds of our team which reflect the communities in which we work. We operate ethically and are guided by a volunteer Board of Directors who ensure strong and transparent governance. Travellers Aid's workforce consist of 75% dedicated volunteers and 25% committed staff who are motivated by creating real outcomes for the people we serve.
We operate from service sites at Southern Cross, Flinders Street Stations in Melbourne and Seymour Railway Station in regional Victoria.
A society where people with mobility challenges are treated with dignity and respect, being able to lead full and rich lives with confidence.
Empowering people with travel related challenges to connect, engage and participate within their communities through the use of public transport.
To be the recognised expert in the delivery of services to people facing travel related challenges.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Volunteer Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.