About the role
Position: Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander Case Worker
Location: Sunshine, Victoria, Australia
Industry: Community Services
Salary: AU$72000 – AU$80000 per annum + NFP salary packaging options
The Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Case Worker will be responsible for delivering pre- and post- release support to Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander participants and will work intensively with prisons, courts and where applicable, with community corrections to successfully reintegrate participants. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Case Worker will be responsible for record keeping (including data entry and case-noting) and providing assertive outreach, support services and advocacy to at-risk and vulnerable cohorts, typically taking place face-to-face with participants in settings and environments that are comfortable for the participant.
The transition and reintegration support provided by ReStart will focus on supporting participants with critical intervention domains (i.e. housing, employment, AOD, mental health, education and training, social connectedness), as outlined in each participant’s individual transition plan.
Please note, we are specifically seeking applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander for this position. *
What we’re looking for
- Minimum Diploma level qualification in an area relevant to the program being overseen (Social Work, Justice, Psychology, Community Services and/or Welfare Studies), or related tertiary qualification (minimum Cert IV) and significant relevant experience
- Strong relationship building and advocacy skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Confidence to work with people who demonstrate challenging behaviours
- The ability to enter and work in a prison environment
- Experience developing support plans and working with clients to set and achieve their goals
- Commitment to delivering a holistic, culturally responsive and person-centred service.
What ACSO can offer you
- Full-time, permanent position available. Sunshine location!
- $72,361 base salary + 9.5 % superannuation ($80k approx. package) + NFP salary packaging options (more after tax $ in your pocket!)
- Paid parental leave
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Learning and development opportunities
- Wellbeing initiatives such as free flu vaccines, Employee Assistance Program and Reward and Recognition Program
- Flexible working arrangements
About the organisation
The Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO) is a vibrant, values driven NFP, focused on partnering with Government and the community to co-design services that create real social change. We are an organisation with a bold vision to create a safe and inclusive community where prison truly is the last resort. Our purpose is to strengthen the wellbeing of our communities by advocating for and delivering services which divert people away from the justice system.
How to apply
To apply and view the position description (PD), please visit our careers website and provide a copy of your resume, a brief covering letter and a document outlining responses to the selection criteria found in the PD.
* ACSO considers that the requirement of being of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent falls under an exception under the Equal Opportunity Act 2010.
ACSO embraces diversity within its workforce and as such encourages applications from appropriately qualified and skilled people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island heritage. ACSO acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Victoria and pays respect to them, their culture and their Elders, past and present.
Please contact Dominic Kearney on 0499 201 132 with any questions about this position.
Please quote in application: Aboriginal Torres Strait Islander Case Worker via Pro Bono Australia.