About the role
- Fixed-term (until November 2022), full-time
- Based at Cheltenham – May be required to occasionally work from Collingwood or St Kilda Office
The Accommodation Options for Families (AOF) Worker will deliver targeted case management housing and support services to families and children who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness. Reporting to the AOF Coordinator, in this challenging yet fulfilling role,
you will be responsible for:
- Providing outreach services that assess, monitor and evaluate the housing and support needs of families and children
- Assisting clients to move from inappropriate, unsafe or unaffordable rooming house accommodation into short-term accommodation
- Selecting private rental, with a view to assisting them into long-term sustainable housing
- Assist in linking families with appropriate long-term support services and encourage those families to positively engage in their communities of choice
We are looking for someone who is committed to making a difference in vulnerable families’ lives. You will have a comprehensive understanding of the prevalence of domestic violence, its’ impact on families and children, and you will also be familiar with how the child protection system works. We also
require you to have a valid driver’s license.
In return, we offer great staff benefits including a flexible working environment, free and confidential Employee Assistance Program, salary packaging, 5 additional days of wellbeing leave and training and ongoing career opportunities across multiple Launch Housing teams. The salary is $73,083 per annum + super.
About the organisation
Launch Housing is a secular Melbourne-based community organisation that provides homelessness services and life-changing housing supports to disadvantaged Victorians. With over 400 staff working across 13 locations, we want to end homelessness and are committed to creating lasting societal
change to help those most in need in our community. In a country as wealthy as ours no one should be homeless.
How to apply
Does this sound like you? To obtain a full position description and to apply for this opportunity, please follow the How to Apply instructions. Please submit a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria and your CV. If you need additional information about this role, please contact Shirl Brown on 0429 000 496. Please note there is no closing date for this role and shortlisting will occur on a rolling basis, so please don't delay in submitting your application.
Please quote in application: Accommodation Options for Families Worker via Pro Bono Australia.