About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Part-Time or Full-Time Ongoing
- Traralgon location
About the opportunity
Uniting Vic.Tas together with our partners: Gippsland and East Gippsland Aboriginal Co-operative (GEGAC) are seeking an experienced AOD Family Counsellor to join our Traralgon Youth Residential Rehabilitation program.
This role involves integrated planning and service provision for parents with their babies who undertake rehabilitation at Traralgon Youth Resdiential Rehabilitation.
The role works with Family support services, Maternal and Child Heath Nurses, AOD service streams (Intake and Assessment, Counselling, Care Coordination).
In addition to parents with accompanying child in the program, the AOD Family Counsellor assists all residents with family supports and linkages to support services.
The working hours for this position are flexible between 0.8 to 1 FTE (60.8 to 76 hours per fortnight).
You can view the full position description here
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Essential – Bachelor level Relevant health and or welfare Tertiary Qualification such as Social Work, Psychology or Allied Health Sciences.
- Preferred – Competencies in dual diagnosis (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment).
- Ability to provide high quality engagement, assessment, treatment and pre and post support services to individuals and their families, using best practice principles including Family Inclusive Practice and Dual Diagnosis principles.
- Experience in identifying the needs of vulnerable children, working with families in developing safety plans and facilitating referrals to partner Child First and Family service and Family violence support organisations
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the following
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
- Address the Core selection criteria in the position description
Applications close Tuesday 15 June 2021
Get in touch
Scott Forrest – Manager Traralgon Youth Residential Rehabilitation Service
M: 0456 689 135
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: AOD Family Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.