About the organisation
Australian Cervical Cancer Foundation is a company limited by guarantee and a charity registered with ACNC and is governed by an independent Board of Directors with expertise in wide range of fields and industries.
- ACCF's mission is to protect and enhance women’s health by eliminating cervical cancer and enabling treatment for women with cervical cancer and related health issues, in Australia and in developing countries.
- ACCF aims to create an effective, innovative and compassionate organisation and culture.
ACCF is a small organisation with a big mission. We have a range of full-time, part-time and casual staff and volunteers. Our organisation is dependent on the goodwill and support of volunteers and supporters to promote our preventative health measures and profile throughout Australia.
ACCF Values/Vision/Purpose: To protect and enhance women’s health by eliminating cervical cancer and enabling treatment for women with cervical cancer and related health issues, in Australia and in developing countries.
Through its international development programs contributing to women’s health and wellbeing, ACCF supports the alleviation of poverty and contributes to sustainable development. ACCF and its partners hold a zero tolerance approach to fraud, corruption and family and sexual violence, particularly against women. ACCF supports the protection and the rights of children.
Board members, partners, staff and volunteers will exhibit high standards of personal behaviour and practice consistent with the ACFID Code of Conduct. ACCF values the contributions of its staff and volunteers.
About the role
ACCF is seeking one or more non-executive directors who demonstrate imagination and integrity to help strengthen the Board’s skills particularly in non-core areas. Experience in any of these fields woul be highly desirable:
- Fundraising and corporate relationships, marketing, media or public relations, legal, financial, strategic planning, project management, HR, and/or international development.
The Board is responsible for identifying and implementing the organisation’s strategic direction and goals and actively supports ACCF’s vision, mission and values.
- The role requires attending approximately 6 board meetings per year and may also require the Director to serve on a board committee. Meetings are currently held via video conferencing, and if/when in person, with appropriate social distancing strategies in place.
- Some interstate travel is anticipated to attend meetings and/or strategy development workshops. As and when appropriate within Covid-safe guidelines.
- From time to time, the role may require attendance at conference calls for management/financial reporting and general compliance issues.
- Actively support organisational activities, networking and fundraising, where possible.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Board Director – Non-Executive Volunteer via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Community_Engagement, #Health_–_General, #Overseas_Aid_and_Development, #Women