About the role
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Work with families to actively engage parents, children and young people to make a difference in their lives
- Full-time, ongoing role based in Reservoir
About the opportunity
Stronger Families provides a therapeutic model of assessment, intervention, case management support to enable children and young people at imminent risk of being placed in care for the first time to remain at home, or to reunify families when safe to do so.
The Stronger Families Case Worker works with parents, children, young people and families who can be difficult to engage. By undertaking ongoing holistic assessments and interventions, identifying strengths and risks in line with the Best Interests Case Practice Frameworks, the Case Worker has the ability to actively engage with the allocated families.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work or equivalent including Psychology, Family Therapy, Youth or Early Childhood Development.
- Demonstrated experience working with children and young people at risk and vulnerable families.
- Demonstrated skills in working with disempowered and vulnerable families, including capacity to engage clients and work with clients to bring about change.
- Demonstrated experience and an understanding of the issues involved in casework with children, young people and families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal families.
- Knowledge and experience of a range of relevant intervention strategies and frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to meet timelines, targets and other key deliverables with excellent report writing skills are essential.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the below:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability by addressing the key/core selection criteria according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Wednesday 16 June 2021
Get in touch
For more information about the role, please contact Amie Turner, Team Leader – PAKT on 0417 689 921
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Visit us: https://www.unitingvictas.org.au/
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and relevant Working with Children Check in your State prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
Uniting is also committed to equal opportunity and ensuring the workplace is reflective of the community. We encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and people with a disability.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Case Worker, Stronger Families (PAKT) via Pro Bono Australia.