About the role
- Newly created role with business impact, providing operational & financial leadership
As the Chief Operating Officer (COO) you will play a central role in providing strategic leadership and direction for the organisation and lead its Operations and Finance portfolios, as well as oversee its corporate and financial governance. This key leadership role will be responsible for the strategic direction of the business, looking for new opportunities to position it for accelerated growth and stability, as well as ensuring accurate regulatory and risk processes.
Specific responsibilities include
- providing leadership, ‘hands-on’ direction and management of the organisation’s finance, procurement and payroll functions;
- oversight for end to end warehouse activities and associated operations;
- driving growth, excellence and continuous improvement in service delivery, customer development and continuous improvement in operations.
For this broad, challenging role you will need at least 10 years’ management experience in a comparable position with appropriate tertiary business qualifications, plus CPA or CA. You will have demonstrated ability to lead teams ‘hands-on’ in a growing and rapidly changing environment, and a proven track record of involvement in commercial decision making, including procurement processes and procedures.
About the organisation
- Respected charity with a proud history of assisting state school students
State Schools’ Relief is a NFP that provides Victorian government school students each year with uniforms, school shoes and other essential educational items so that everyone, regardless of their background, has the opportunity to participate fully in their education without barriers.
How to apply
If you have the professional ability and personal drive to achieve new levels of financial effectiveness for this vital, values-driven organisation please send your application to email@example.com or call Philip Mayers AM on 0412 104 096 for a confidential discussion.
Please quote in application: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER via Pro Bono Australia.