About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Part-time (0.9 FTE)| Maximum Term position until 30 June 2022
About the opportunity
The Clinical Mental Health Clinician will provide short term psychological interventions for people living within Residential Aged Care facilities in the Great South Coast region, who have been diagnosed with a mental illness or are at risk of developing a mental illness.
The position will as provide expert psycho-social clinical assessment to clients, develop and provide individually tailored treatment plans that are based on assessment and risk factors, that are evidence based/best practice to enhance the person’s recovery and improve their quality of life.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant professional qualifications for credentialed mental health clinician (psychology, nursing, social work or occupational therapy); with appropriate registration from industry governing body e.g. AHPRA, AASW.
- Minimum of 2 years post registration with extensive experience and expert skill in and ongoing commitment to the delivery of evidence based and best practice, client, family inclusive treatments for people presenting with a significant mental disorder; demonstrated expertise in the application of knowledge in current evidence based treatment practices and approaches.
- Knowledge and understating of contemporary evidence-based treatments and/or best practices in relation to mental health treatments.
- Current First Aid Certificate
How to apply
If this sounds like you, find out more or apply today by submitting the following as a part of your application:
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
Applications close on Thursday, 29 July 2021
Get in touch
for more information regarding the role, please contact Michelle Freeman, Senior Manager on 0458 208 833.
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: www.unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Clinical Mental Health Clinician (Residential Aged Care Mental Health) via Pro Bono Australia.