About the role
- Various part-time and full-time positions available
- Fixed-term until 30 June 2022
- Provide specialist therapeutic services to children and young people
- Salary packaging $15,900 per annum available
Several opportunities exist to work in our innovative therapeutic program. The Sexual Abuse Counselling and Prevention Program (SACPP) is a highly regarded program that provides specialist therapeutic services to children and young people up to age 18 who have been sexually abused, children up to 18 who have engaged in harmful sexual behaviour.
In this position, you will be required to:
- Undertake expert clinical work involving counselling and advocacy with children, young people, and their families as well as the systems that support them.
- Be an active participant in both individual and group supervision and reflective practice.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of training packages on a range of issues which arise out of the work in order to support, inform and educate those working with the effects of sexual abuse, and harmful sexual behaviours.
What we’re looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology, social work, counselling or, child and family welfare or a related discipline.
- Experience in delivering therapeutic services that include counselling and advocacy to young people who have been a victim of sexual abuse or who are displaying harmful sexual behaviour.
- Experience of working collaboratively with the systems that support children and young people who have been sexually abused or display harmful sexual behaviour. This may include,
families, schools, out of home care providers, Department of Health and Human Services Victoria (DHHS) etc.
- Experience in delivering Groupwork to young people.
Everyone in the Kids First SACPP team we look forward to meeting you!
Benefits of working with us:
You will be rewarded with a collaborative and outcomes focussed culture, career, and professional development in specialist evidence based practice models, such as Promoting First Relationships (PFR), work flexibility, staff wellbeing program, and an attractive salary including the opportunity to salary package to increase take home pay.
About the organisation
Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne with a proud history and a progressive mindset. We are at the forefront of responding to
community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
How to apply
Please include a Cover letter outlining the position title and response addressing the selection criteria & a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees. To view full Position Description or to apply, please visit the Kids First website at https://www.kidsfirstaustralia.org.au/careers
For enquiries about the position:
Karla Dubaniewicz, Clinical Practice Lead
Phone: 03 9450 0900
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion. Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual
orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability. Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working With Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).
Please quote in application: Clinical Practitioner via Pro Bono Australia.