About the role
Merri Health – Clinical Psychologist (Grade 2); Chronic Pain Service
- 0.4 EFT; Fixed Term, Part Time position until 15th July 2022 (Parental Leave Cover Position)
- Site: Various Merri Health Sites
- Join a multidisciplinary team in delivering an innovative evidence based Chronic Pain Service within a community based setting
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and support services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
Your new role
You will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide direct, comprehensive, high quality and evidence based psychological services to clients who are referred to the Chronic Pain Service.
As the Grade 2 Clinical Psychologist in the Chronic Pain Service at Merri Health, you will be responsible for:
- Providing high quality, evidence based psychological services for clients who are experiencing chronic pain on both an individual and group basis
- Independently undertaking comprehensive psychological assessments and delivering targeted, time limited, evidence-based psychological interventions to clients in the Chronic Pain Service.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team to complete goal directed and comprehensive care planning and case conferencing to ensure effective management of client’s needs.
- Actively participating in upskilling and sharing your knowledge and expertise regarding chronic pain management with the staff at Merri Health and other stakeholders.
- Assisting in the establishment of the clinical psychology components of the Chronic Pain Service.
- Maintaining activity data and accurate, up to date clinical records to a high standard
About the organisation
What we offer
This is an opportunity to be involved in an innovative Chronic Pain Service in a community health setting. The Service collaborates with both primary and tertiary services to deliver services along a continuum of care to clients experiencing chronic pain. You will be working with a motivated and experienced multi-disciplinary team, in a community health setting to deliver high quality health care to our community.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Clinical Psychologist via Pro Bono Australia.