About the role
Applications close 5pm Friday 18 June 2021
The Communications Coordinator works as part of a small team to develop best practice communications and marketing strategies that lead to greater support of the hospital. The role is responsible for supporting fundraising activities undertaken within and for the RCH Foundation. This will include utilising a range of communication channels including newsletters, website, social media, emails and printed publications. As part of a small team, the Communications Coordinator must be proactive and hands on, with the ability to respond to requests swiftly.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Minimum two years’ experience in a hands-on practical marketing and communications role
- Proven high level writing skills for communications purposes including annual reports, website, events and social media (please attach examples to your application)
- Demonstrable experience in developing and executing communications and marketing campaigns, from inception to completion of a project
- A thorough understanding of, and interest in, social media and the online space
- Demonstrable experience building and developing positive working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability to display initiative, manage priorities, deal with multiple stakeholders, take responsibility for projects and show a proactive attitude
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Clear understanding of and personal commitment to the mission and values of the RCH Foundation
- Tertiary qualifications in communications and or marketing
- Experience in, and appetite for digital communications and innovation, including social media campaigns, video and digital storytelling, across platforms including WordPress, Campaign Monitor, Facebook Business Manager and Canva
- Experience in non-profit/charity industry, and/or working with volunteers, will be looked upon favourably
About the organisation
The RCH Foundation is the fundraising arm of the RCH, one of the world’s leading children’s hospitals, and has the vital role of raising, investing and distributing donated funds to the hospital. As part of this, the RCH Foundation supports a vast network of donors and fundraisers.
How to apply
MORE INFORMATION AND HOW TO APPLY
- Download the position description at https://www.rchfoundation.org.au/app/uploads/2021/05/PD-RCH-Foundation-Communications-Coordinator-2021.docx
- Applications must address the Selection Criteria in the position description. Applications that do not address the Selection Criteria will not be considered
- For further information or queries about this role, please contact Laura Sullivan, Communications Manager on 03 9345 4206 or email@example.com
- Apply online by 5pm Friday 18 June at https://rchfoundation.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=37&source=probono
- Please include your CV, the names and contact details of three referees, your response to the Selection Criteria and examples of writing skills for communications purposes.
Please quote in application: Communications Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.