About the role
- Work in a recovery-oriented program offering short-term residential support for people experiencing mental health challenges
- Casual opportunity based in Bairnsdale PARC
- $41.70 – 42.55 per hour + superannuation + salary packaging benefits + casual loading
The Recovery Workers are integral to the PARC program as they work closely with participants in their recovery journey whilst at PARC, both individually and with their clinical care teams, and in leading a range of groups and activities onsite. Our Recovery Workers also provide key operational support and help create new innovations and improvements for the ongoing quality of the program. PARCS operate 24/7 on a rotating roster and penalty rates apply for afternoon and weekend hours. This role does not require sleepover shifts.
These PARC programs are collaborative services between Wellways and Latrobe Regional Hospital. PARC is a step up, step down short stay residence that provides clinical and psychosocial support to
participants, to prevent the need for hospitalisation or after an inpatient stay to support ongoing recovery. All our recovery services value cultural diversity, support and create opportunities for recovery, value peer participation and leadership and are underpinned by evidence based best practice.
- Require Minimum Diploma in Mental Health, AOD or Disability OR Tertiary qualification in a social science or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience in the field of mental health and/or disability
- An understanding of the biopsychosocial model of mental health and social inclusion principles
- Current valid Driver’s Licence and the ability to undertake some travel
- Evidence of the right to work in Australia
- Evidence of, or a willingness to undergo a National Police
- Records Check, Working with Children Check-employment,
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate and NDIS Worker
- Screening Check clearance
About the organisation
Wellways are a team of approximately 2000 staff and 150 volunteers across 93 sites providing a range of programs, services and supports to people right across Queensland, New South Wales, Australian Capital
Territory, Victoria and Tasmania. We remain committed to our mission, of creating inclusive communities where everyone can imagine and achieve their hopes and potential; and we are always on the look-out for like-minded people who would like to be a part of this.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page:
http://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5517815
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Kathy Berenger, Manager PARC on 0422 283 831.
Applications close 4th July 2021
Please quote in application: Community Recovery Worker via Pro Bono Australia.