About the role
- Lead a one of a kind Centre for law and cancer
- Work with diverse, talented and committed stakeholders, as part of a highly respected not for profit organisation
- Full time, three-year fixed term position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
Collaborate and be supported by highly skilled and talented colleagues in Australia and abroad, using law as an effective tool to prevent cancer, empower people and save lives
About your opportunity
We are seeking a public health leader to join the McCabe Centre. Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Support your role is to:
- Connect people with the Centre’s vision and mission to foster highly successful partnerships
- Build capacity of a highly talented team and grow the Centre’s influence
- Explore new initiatives, collaborative partnerships, and future investment partners
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor or Doctor of Laws or equivalent, with substantial post qualification experience
- Highly developed networking and relationship management skills and track record of securing new partnerships that lead to funding opportunties
- Strong experience in program and strategic public health policy
- Visionary thinker experienced in business development and change management
What we can offer you
- A base salary commensurate with skills and experience plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the global burden of non-communicable diseases including cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
About the organisation
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
Established in 2012, the McCabe Centre for Law and Cancer (the Centre) is a joint initiative of Cancer Council Victoria, the Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) and Cancer Council Australia. The Centre’s mission is to promote the effective use of law for the prevention and control of cancer and other non-communicable diseases, and is a World Health Organisation (WHO) Collaborating Centre for Law and Non-Communicable Diseases and the designated WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control Knowledge Hub on legal challenges to the Convention’s implementation.
The Centre sits within the Strategy and Support Division of Cancer Council Victoria.
How to apply
To apply for this opportunity visit http://www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Danielle Spence on (03) 9514 6343 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check.
Applications close Sunday 25 July 2021
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.
Please quote in application: Director - McCabe Centre for Law and Cancer (McCabe.61) via Pro Bono Australia.