About the role
A new position has opened up for an Event Manager in our Melbourne Office.
Djirra will be celebrating its 20th Anniversary in October 2022. The Event Manager will report directly to the Director, Policy and Engagement and will take the lead role in organising, overseeing and coordinating this important milestone event.
The Event Manager will provide strong end-to-end project management of Djirra’s 20th Anniversary Event, lead promotional activities for the event, and work in collaboration with the Project Officer Communications to develop marketing and communication strategies.
- Provide strong end-to-end project management of Djirra’s 20th Anniversary Event (ensuring all COVID safe requirements are met if necessary).
- Develop a sponsorship prospectus, attracting sponsorship and engaging with stakeholders to gain financial support.
- Provide detailed event planning including scheduling, event layout, bump in and bump out logistics.
- Source and negotiate suppliers and resources for events including (but not limited to) venue, technical, print, catering, etc.
- Lead promotional activities for the event.
- Complete and conduct risk management plans for events/ productions.
- Work within budgets to execute deliverables.
- Work in collaboration with the Project Officer, Communications to develop marketing and communication strategies.
- Provide leadership and management of an event support person (Event Coordinator or Officer). Establish and manage an internal Event Support Committee.
- Conduct pre and post-event debrief, evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Maintain and update event information, including via websites and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Other duties as reasonably requested by your manager
About the organisation
Djirra is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation (ACCO) that works towards a future where all Aboriginal women are strong, safe, independent, healthy and positive in their lives, culture and communities. All Djirra’s work is designed by and for Aboriginal women and is deeply respectful of and connected to community. Self-determination is the foundation of everything we do: it is Our Cultural Way.
How to apply
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter, resume and answer some key questions via the apply now button.
Please quote in application: Event Manager (full time, fixed term - 18 months) - Abbotsford via Pro Bono Australia.