About the role
Families For Life Social Worker – Full-Time/Permanent (Bayside, VIC)
Due to the growth of our service in Victoria we now have an exciting opportunity for two social workers play a key role in the success to our growing service within Key Assets – The Children’s Services Provider and the Families for Life Program. The roles will be based in Clayton focusing on the prevention service within the area.
- $70,000 -75,000 + Salary Packaging options + Motor vehicle c/w fuel card
- Full Time Hours
- Office based in Clayton
- Ongoing supervision and professional development; and
- Tools for the role, mobile phone and laptop
- Undertake various assessments to assess suitability of restoration to birth family, and viability assessments. Keep comprehensive records of work with families including progress and outcomes reporting.
- Develop initial assessments and plans of services which outlines the family background strengths, concerns and recommendations
- Advocate for our children and young people and their families
- Provide support to a small team of children and young people support workers/youth workers
- Ensure that the protection of children and the promotion of their welfare is given absolute priority in all activities and that critical incidents/allegations are recorded, investigated and acted upon appropriately and in keeping with Key Assets and child safe procedures
- Ensure the completion of all case management documentation, for operational compliance
- And to ensure compliance of business policies and child safe/protection procedures
Experience and Skills Required
- Be highly energised and possess passion for being the ‘Agent of Change’
- Have a qualification in Social Work with experience working with children and families
- Experience in child protection and/or out of home care is highly desirable
- Show initiative and work independently
- Engage with and work collaboratively with children and families and our business partners
- Have a sound understanding of child safe practices and procedures
- Experience in report writing, risk, critical incidents/allegations, investigation processes and recording
- Experience in areas of trauma, attachment theory and associated behaviours other relevant frameworks
- Knowledge of current legislation and government initiatives to support your practice as a social worker in a Non GOVT Agency
- Current Open Australian driving license, relevant to the state this post in advertised in
- Be willing to undergo criminal clearance and reference checks, and have a Working With Children Card, prior to commencement
The successful candidate will
- Have a tertiary qualification in Social Work recognised by AASW
- Have experience working with foster carers and with children and young people
- Be highly energised and have a passion for delivering a high standard of service
- Be highly committed, resourceful, possess excellent organisational and communication skills
- Experience in risk, critical incidents/allegations, investigations process and recording
- Sound knowledge of trauma and attachment
- Have experience of writing reports and carrying out broad based assessments drawing upon contemporary theory and research
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation arising from Child Protection Legislation
- Have a current/or be able to obtain a Working With Children Card and satisfactorily complete other personal and statutory check as required
For a private conversation regarding this exciting opportunity, please call Simone Carr, Operations Manager on (03) 9566 7800
(KEY ASSETS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW SUITABLE INDIVIDUALS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS CAMPAIGN, THIS CAMPAIGN MAY ALSO BE EXTENDED FURTHER)
KEY ASSETS – THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
About the organisation
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI 10 year Achievement Award 2010 – 2020,
- Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017 and finalist for Australian HR Awards 2017
- Key Assets is committed to working in partnership with Aboriginal communities to achieve good outcomes for children and families.
How to apply
Click the APPLY NOW button to view Position Description details.
Please quote in application: Families For Life Social Worker (Clayton based) via Pro Bono Australia.