About the role
- Work in a unique health-justice partnership
- SCHCADS Award Level 7 – dependent on experience
- Part-time (up to 45 hours per fortnight (3 days per week) for 18 months (with the possibility of extension subject to funding).
- Supportive team environment
The Family Law Lead is a new role established to provide leadership support to West Heidelberg Community Legal’s family law/family violence practice. The Family Law Lead will supervise and provide day to day oversight of a small team of staff involved in the provision of family
law/family violence advice and limited casework assistance, ensuring the practice delivers targeted and high-quality legal assistance.
The Family Law Lead supports the Principal Lawyer to identify opportunities for service and systems improvements, develop service guidelines and file management processes for family law advice and
casework. The Family Law Lead will contribute to the continuous planning and development of the Legal Service to ensure it is always responsive to changing community needs.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, supervision and mentoring of a small team.
- To participate in continuous quality improvement activities of the service, including planning and evaluation of projects as well as performance development.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team to ensure holistic assistance is provided to all clients.
- Outstanding organisational skills, including the ability to work autonomously, show appropriate initiative and to be able to effectively manage competing demands in a busy community law
- Oversee the conduct of the family law/family violence practice of WHCL, ensuring prompt, sensitive, accurate, high-quality legal assistance is provided to priority client groups in accordance community need and service priorities.
- Manage specific projects relevant to the family law/family violence practice and identify potential areas of growth and partnership development through stakeholder engagement and relationship
- Develop service guidelines and file review and file management
processes for family law/family violence casework and advice
About the organisation
Banyule Community Health works across many sites and delivers multiple modalities of care and support in the primary health and welfare sector.
Building on its strong values base and reputation of being truly responsive to its community, Banyule Community Health strives to continually provide high quality services, develop partnerships, which benefit its community and innovate to improve health outcomes and health equity.
The Community Programs Team provides a range of services, including West Heidelberg Community Legal, social work, Aboriginal health, prevention and health promotion projects, maternal and child health and chronic disease related programs.
West Heidelberg Community Legal (WHCL) at Banyule Community Health is a unique fully integrated legal-health service that is based on the social model of health. This model takes account of a complexity of factors that impact on the health of the community. Access to justice is a critical factor that builds and maintains healthy and resilient individuals and communities
How to apply
For enquiries, Stephanie Price on 9450 2029
Banyule Community Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring recruitment processes are fair to all candidates
Please quote in application: Family Law Lead via Pro Bono Australia.