About the role
- Opportunity to lead group work facilitation
- Engaging with schools and the community in a range of educational workshops and events that promote the overarching prevention goal
- Full-time fixed-term to June 2022 (with the possibility of ongoing)
An exciting and rare opportunity currently exists in our SACPP team for a creative and committed person who is passionate about supporting young people in the promotion of healthy sexual relationships…
If this sounds like you (and we hope it does), keep reading!
You will be responsible for the creation, coordination and facilitation of a range of primary prevention programs to be delivered in schools with the aim to prevent sexual abuse and harmful sexual behaviours while promoting healthy relationships.
As the ‘program architect,’ you will be engaging with schools and the community in a range of educational workshops and events that promote the overarching prevention goal.
When your friends ask you what job you are applying for you can tell them that its sole purpose is to empower young Australians and their communities by equipping them with the right skills, knowledge and courage to approach complex societal issues relating to sexual abuse and assault… through
programs designed by you!
- It goes without saying that to be successful in this role you will need to have brilliant interpersonal and communication skills.
- Negotiation and consultation skills will also come in handy.
- You must also be comfortable in discussing topics including sexual abuse, gender, sexuality, pornography and other issues relating to promoting healthy sexual relationships.
- Last but not least, we are looking for a fun, motivated, enthusiastic individual who has a strong passion for social justice.
If this opportunity ticks all the boxes you are looking for and you can commit to the role for the next twelve months then please submit today. And from everyone in the Kids First SACPP team, we look forward to meeting you!
About the organisation
Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne with a proud history and a progressive mindset. We are at the forefront of responding to
community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service
How to apply
Please include a Cover letter outlining the position title and response addressing the selection criteria & a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees. To view the full Position Description or to apply, please visit the Kids First website at https://www.kidsfirstaustralia.org.au/careers
For enquiries about the position:
Shureeka Alves, Prevention Leader
Phone: 03 9450 0900 or 0423605983
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity Employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion. Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual
orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability. Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working With Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).
Please quote in application: Group Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.