About the role
Reporting to the CEO, this is a key leadership position within the organisation with campaigns being the core function of our work. The Head of Campaigns is responsible for leading Results’ campaigns strategy development and implementation. The role oversees campaign staff, including our volunteer program, so has a prominent management component. It also involves liaising with a wide range of stakeholders, from parliamentarians to the media, donors and other not for profit partners as well as being a key point of contact with our international network.
This is a diverse and challenging role covering a range of organisational functions.
Success in this role will be measured by the establishment of a high performing team, high impact, highly visible campaigns, strong relationships with parliamentarians and a diversified and growing base of volunteers.
As Results is currently building a high performing campaigns team, you will have the opportunity to select staff. Once complete, you will manage a team of four people, covering grassroots engagement, campaigns, research and communications.
- Lead and oversee Results campaigns activities. This includes the creation of campaign materials, engagement with elected representatives (including meetings and planning and hosting parliamentary events), media engagement, and training events for advocates.
- Support the CEO in leading an organisational culture of collaboration and cooperation, deputising when required.
- Play a lead role in Results government relations work, including cultivating and managing relationships with parliamentarians, bureaucrats and other political actors and stakeholders. This includes overseeing our role as the Secretariat of the parliamentary network, the Australian TB Caucus.
- Contribute to the strategic, financial and operational planning of the organisation including development of plans, deliverables and budgets.
- Represent Results in the media, on relevant working groups within the sector and with donors, and effectively collaborate and contribute to the international network within which we work.
- Support Results efforts to build a sustainable organisation through increasing our brand recognition in communications, events and playing a support role in actions to increase Results funding base including identifying donors and assisting with grant applications.
- Oversee the recruitment and management of campaigns staff, providing training, guidance and performance management, and supporting the advocacy activities they undertake, ensuring that they are in line with Results objectives.
- Ensure appropriate coordination of Results campaign strategy with global partners, with national civil society organisations and coalitions.
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of our work and impact, and donor reporting.
We are looking for someone who is flexible and adaptable, able to work at a strategic level and in a hands-on capacity as required.
Due to the nature of our work and the fact that we work as part of an international partnership the ability to work outside of normal office hours on occasion is a must. The role also involves some domestic travel and will involve occasional international travel once borders open again.
About the organisation
Results International (Australia) is a not for profit organisation that is part of a global network of organisations working to bring an end to poverty. Results has been operating in Australia for 35 years through a combination of staff led and volunteer driven advocacy at a grassroots, national and global level.
We work with parliamentarians, the media and members of the community to influence political decisions that will bring an end to extreme poverty. This includes pushing for an increase in Australia’s overseas aid budget and increased pledges to multilateral bodies that work on global health and poverty alleviation.
At the global level we work closely with our partners at ACTION to improve equitable access to health and within Australia we act as the Secretariat to the Australian TB Caucus.
We are highly respected for our policy and advocacy work and have a high profile within the Australian Federal Parliament and within the international development sector.
How to apply
Results is an equal opportunity employer and encourages anyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
How to apply
To apply, please email a cover letter outlining how you meet the selection criteria and a copy of your CV to email@example.com by 5.00 pm 22 June 2021. Only applications which include a cover letter addressing the criteria will be considered.
Enquiries about the role should be sent to Negaya Chorley, CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia.
Please quote in application: Head of Campaigns via Pro Bono Australia.