About the role
- Fixed Term Part Time (2 Years)
- Fantastic opportunity for an ICT Support Officer in a newly created role
- Be part a great organisation which embodies its great culture and values
- Thomastown based (Wurundjeri Country)
About the role/opportunity
We are seeking an ICT Support Officer to join our friendly, busy, and dynamic, yet small ICT team four days a week. You will be the first point of contact for our ICT Service Desk, providing efficient and
targeted Level 1 and 2 support to our diverse staff teams within the agreed SLA timeframes.
Your days will be varied and interesting in maintaining an efficient and highly available ICT Infrastructure. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a career enhancing path and the opportunity to work across a diverse technology set, providing and troubleshooting mythologies.
You must be committed to a culture that supports and embraces Child Safe Standards. You will also be required to hold a current Working with Children Check for Employees and undergo a Police Check.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- TAFE or Degree Qualification- IT or working towards highly regarded
- Strong commitment to customer service and continuous improvement with strong communication and written skills
- Demonstrated strong technical support troubleshooting skills
- Hardware device configuration knowledge (PC’s, printers, print servers, wireless devices, smart devices, branch office network routers and LAN switches)
- Technical experience in support and administration of Active
- Directories and basic network knowledge is desired but not essential
- Solid knowledge of the Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office 365 and the MS Office suite of the applications, macOS, iOS and Android
- Help implement, support, and maintain SharePoint sites as per our strategic implementation plan
- Excellent people skills with the ability to build rapport with all stakeholders across all levels and with peers with a positive, valuable, and professional manner
- Ability to use initiative, problem solve and work independently with a solid time-management and organisational skills
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take home pay
- Be nurtured in your career
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to
community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
How to apply
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered.
Please include a cover letter outlining the position title and response addressing the selection criteria & a copy of the Curriculum Vitae, which must list two professional referees.
To view a full Position Description or to apply, please visit the Kids First website:
https://kidsfirst.recruitmenthub.com.au/Careers & enter ref code: 5548397.
For inquiries about the position please contact Kate Linton: Director - Corporate & Retail Services on 9450 0900
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion. Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working With Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).
Please quote in application: ICT Officer via Pro Bono Australia.