About the role
Founded 20 years ago, the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre (ASRC) is Australia’s largest human rights organisation providing support to people seeking asylum. We are an independent not-for-profit organisation whose programs support and empower people seeking asylum to maximise their own physical, mental and social well being. We champion the rights of people seeking asylum and mobilise a community of compassion to create lasting social and policy change.
We are a value-driven organisation that strives to be part of a change movement that supports people seeking asylum by providing critical services such as assistance with accommodation, food provisions, casework and legal services.
The ASRC movement is proudly supported by a community of committed volunteers and supporters who embrace the organisation’s vision that people seeking asylum can live safely, sustainably, independently and equally.
About The Role
The Integrated Services Manager will play a vital role in the smooth operational management of the first-ever Integrated Services Hub for people seeking asylum in South East Victoria, due to open in mid-2021. The role will also provide support to other partners within ASRC’s integrated service model to ensure effective collaboration and a one-team approach.
The role of Integrated Services Manager, at the ASRC Dandenong Site, requires skills that are atypical of this position in a corporate setting. This role requires a culturally responsive, patient and compassionate individual who has the ability to easily build rapport with others. As Integrated Services Manager, you will be interacting with ASRC members on a daily basis, assisting the Reception Coordinator and Administration volunteers with responding to complex situations and liaising between various programs, sector partners and clients. The Integrated Services Manager will work closely with other staff members and programs to ensure that each person entering the ASRC has a positive experience and is treated with fairness and dignity.
This position is responsible for ensuring the day to day multi service delivery is efficiently and effectively meeting the needs of people seeking asylum. This includes the management of building facilities, resources and space allocation (including volunteers), client relationships, stakeholder engagement, with a focus on quality, standards, growth and performance of each service.
Your calm and professional demeanour will compliment your highly developed leadership skills, along with your proven ability to collaborate and form partnerships.
In addition to your tertiary qualification in International Development, humanitarian empowerment or related discipline, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in working in a multidisciplinary team.
- Thorough knowledge of OHS regulations and protocols
- Ability to use initiative, think laterally and strategically, meet deadlines and produce quality work under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds with specific reference to people seeking asylum.
- Proven experience adapting to and managing an ever changing professional environment
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and support a team of volunteers and employees
Lived experience of seeking asylum in Australia is highly desirable. Knowledge of and understanding of the policy context of practice with asylum seekers would be advantageous for this position.
- Flexible Working Arrangements, including the ability to work remotely
- Annual Leave Loading of 17.5%
- Additional discretionary leave provisions including:
- Bonus Paid Leave over the December-January Holiday Season
- Paid Pandemic Leave
- Leave due to Cultural or Religiously Significant Events
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Leave
- Leave for Staff Seeking Asylum
- Gender Affirmation Leave
- Free onsite car and bicycle parking
- Salary packaging (up to $15,900 per year tax free)
- Entertainment Packaging (up to $2,650 per year tax free)
- Discounts via HR systems provider at grocery and retail outlets
- Close proximity to public transport
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Integrated Services Manager via Pro Bono Australia.