About the role
We are seeking junior consultant/s with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience in both our Melbourne and Sydney offices. These roles will support on the delivery of projects and also help our business development team in various tasks, such as identification of potential clients and proposal writing.
If you are interested in joining a growing consulting firm, delivering a unique brand of advisory, and using your creative flair, we invite you to apply for this role. The role sits within our dynamic, non-hierarchical team, with direct access to the Leadership team and other Sparkies. As part of the Spark team, you’ll also be working closely with C-suite leaders in the for-purpose sector around Australia (see some examples of our previous and current clients at www.sparkstrategy.com.au).
We value diversity at Spark and welcome candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
We are a fast-paced business, working with an incredible diversity of clients, solving complex problems. We are excited for the opportunity to bring in new ideas, skills and experiences to the team. To support our business, we are looking for someone with at least 1-2 years of relevant experience, ideally in a people or professional services firm (e.g. consultancy, not-for-profit, government, philanthropy, university), who can bring the following:
- Passion for purpose – you really care and want to do good in the world
- Loves learning – you actively seek opportunities to develop and respond well to feedback
- Curious by nature – you ask insightful questions and are keen to get to the heart of things
- Thrives in fast-paced, varied and dynamic work settings – keeping busy and moving between a range of tasks and subject matters brings out the best in you because you have great time management and organisational skills
- Keen and effective problem solver – you’re always looking for improvements, answers and resolutions, rather than sitting with the challenges at hand
- Happy working as part of a team as well as working independently and taking initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – you effectively get your message across with both the spoken word and the pen/quill/keyboard
- Focuses on building and maintain great professional relationships, both within and outside your organisation
- Strong ability to analyse and synthesise information, including complex information and large quantities of information
- Great attention to detail – you dot your i’s and cross your t’s, and are a mean proof-reader
- Research experience and enthusiasm – you excel browsing the internet and databases to find great insights and examples
- Understanding of the tools of the trade, such as business model and strategic planning frameworks and processes
About the organisation
We are a consulting agency for strategic thinking, transformation and sustained action. We believe ideas spark brighter futures and we’re about unearthing these ideas and bringing them to life. As strategic advisors, we work with not-for-profits, government agencies, corporates and philanthropic entities to unleash their potential, to transform them and the societies in which they live. We are a certified B-Corp and have a strong social driver to what we do, using our knowledge, capabilities and experience to support not-for-profits to move towards sustainability. Some of our core services include business model innovation, strategy development and planning, operating model excellence and workshop facilitation.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Junior Consultant – Strategic Advisory – Melbourne and Sydney via Pro Bono Australia.
Sector: #Bcorp, #Consulting, #Government