About the role
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and dynamic Manager to lead and manage Merri’s Home Care and Social Connections program providing high quality services in a range of case management services (Home Care Packages), Social Support Services and Contract Management of direct care services. Reporting directly to the General Manager, Aged & Primary Care you will be charged with growing services within a consumer directed care environment, promoting an integrated and client centred approach to care, strengthening partnerships, and demonstrating a commitment to innovation, safety and people.
- Critical leadership role that can make a genuine difference
- Full-time ongoing position
- Based in the Northern Suburbs
Your new role
As the Manager, Home Care & Social Connections you will be responsible for:
– Leading responsive and agile Home Care Packages and Social Support Services
– Driving operational and clinical governance to ensure accreditation standards and key compliance requirements are met at all times
– Coaching and developing effective and engaged multidisciplinary teams
– Leading service innovation, growth and sustainability with a focus on value based aged care
– Commissioning of high quality and safe home care services to maximise choice and control for older adults to live independently at home
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful with Merri you will go above and beyond to achieve great results for our clients, the organisation and yourself.
We’re looking for individuals with:
– A track record in leadership and management of home based aged care services and diverse teams
– Tertiary qualifications in aged care, health or related discipline
– Thrives in driving high quality and safe services that is client centred and evidence based
– Is outcomes focused
– Enjoys driving service innovation and early adoption of new models of care
About the organisation
Your new organisation
At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality aged and health care and well-being services. A career at Merri will see you contributing to a culture that affects change for our clients and the wider community. We are committed to supporting the talent and skills of our employees because we know their capability is the key to our success.
What we offer
An opportunity to make a difference in supporting older adults to remain independent and exercise choice and control.
Be part of a team committed to innovation and evidence based practice.
We offer a diverse, inclusive and flexible environment which encourages you to bring your whole self to work. As the successful applicant you’ll be joining an organisation where you will be supported to grow, learn and develop your skills to reach your potential.
You will also have access to generous salary packaging, purchase leave and flexible work arrangement options.
How to apply
What you need to do now
If this position captures your interest, take a few minutes to learn more about us on our website. If you would like to review the position description or have any questions about the role please refer to our Career Portal for further information.
Merri Health will only accept applications that are submitted via our Career Portal.
What else do I need to know
Preferred candidates will be subject to comprehensive reference and pre-employment background checking conducted by Merri Health prior to an offer of employment, including criminal record history check, disability worker exclusion scheme check and other employee screening and credential checks as determined by the position description.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia. Merri Health is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people.
We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, the LGBTIQA+ community and those living with a disability to apply.
Please quote in application: Manager, Home Care and Social Connections via Pro Bono Australia.