About the role
Brainwave is a small, dynamic not-for-profit organisation that works to positively impact the lives of children with brain injuries and illnesses by ensuring their families are supported. This role is responsible for leading Brainwave’s national fundraising and marketing efforts to drive engagement and profitable growth. With real autonomy to build on the work of the fundraising and marketing functions, you will manage existing partnerships and build on current activities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review, develop and implement Brainwave’s fundraising strategy and campaign plans to realise revenue targets
- Manage and build strong and deep relationships with key institutional, major donors and corporate stakeholders
- Lead national efforts to implement innovative partner and supporter engagement initiatives
- Work collaboratively across the organisation and ensure that the team are fully engaged in fundraising activities
- Contribute to and take responsibility for the collective performance of Brainwave as a whole
You will be an experienced fundraiser, with proven success in strategic fundraising management and an ability to raise significant revenue from various streams. Being confident and dynamic you will build upon our past success and expand our fundraising program by working across the organisation; with access to the Board, key stakeholders and partners. You are comfortable making connections, and are able to cultivate relationships with high net worth individuals, corporations and benefactors to support our work.
The successful applicant will be able to meet the following criteria:
- Strong (7+ years) fundraising experience in a senior role within the not-for-profit sector
- Proven success in building strong and deep relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop donor stewardship activities and initiatives that engage donors in the work of the organisation to retain, attract and grow donor base
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build rapport, negotiate and be persuasive
- Strong business acumen including well-developed ability to measure and report outcomes of fundraising and marketing activities
- Experience with Salesforce to maintain donor database, measure and report outcomes of fundraising and marketing activities.
- Effective storytelling and presentation skills with the confidence to pitch for funding
- Advanced organisational skills including the ability to coordinate multiple partnerships and deliverables concurrently
- Ability to identify strategic opportunities, and act with initiative
- High-level computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- A commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- Knowledge and compliance with government requirements, including relevant legislation and the Fundraising Institute of Australia Code
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing or business related discipline
About the organisation
Brainwave is a small, dynamic not-for-profit organisation that works to positively impact the lives of children with brain injuries and illnesses by ensuring their families are supported.
Real stories. Real people. Direct impact. Join us.
To learn more about Brainwave visit www.brainwave.org.au.
How to apply
To express you interest in this role, please select the apply now button. Please complete the required fields and attach your CV and an application letter, detailing your suitability for the role.
All applicants must have the right to work in Australia and will be required to complete a Working with Children check and Police check.
Please quote in application: Manager – Fundraising and Partnerships via Pro Bono Australia.