About the role
As a member of the Innovation and Customer Experience team, the Manager, Quality & Risk is responsible for the ongoing implementation, development and monitoring of the Quality Management System across the organisation.
- Ensure internal compliance with relevant systems and legislative requirements through the management, development, implementation and maintenance of:
- An integrated Quality Management System including the implementation of State, Federal and NDIS standards across the organisation
- OC Connections’ Health and Safety System in accordance with relevant legislation, internal policies and practices
- OC Connections’ Compliance Management and Risk Management Frameworks
- OC Connections’ Quality Framework
- OC Connections’ Continuous Improvement Framework
- Develop, implement and maintain Quality Plans and Improvement Plans
- Develop and maintain an accessible and comprehensive suite of policies and procedures.
- Develop business related information resources as appropriate
- Manage the internal auditing schedule for the Quality Management System
- Develop a systemic process to inform and involve all staff in the continuous review and evaluation of the organisation’s performance against quality standards.
- Manage the process for internal and external audits
- Manage the implementation, review and continuous improvement action plan
- Manage the Complaints and Compliments
- Oversee the process of incident reporting
- Undertake and/or manage internal and external investigations, as required
Key Selection Criteria
- Qualifications in Quality Management and/or Risk Management role and/or proven experience with a minimum of two years working in a similar organisation with responsibility for coordinating the statutory and regulatory framework.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in coordinating compliance, OH&S and risk management programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Disability Standards and Legislation (State and Commonwealth) including the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), Charter of Human Rights, Occupational Health and Safety Legislation, Risk Management Framework and other statutory requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality standards and audit processes
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office and
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team
- Please note that all staff are required to:
- complete the NDIS Quality & Safeguarding Orientation module prior to employment,
- participate in OC Connections’ Staff Induction Program and
- complete further mandatory training as required depending on their position.
- Commitment to abide by OC Connections’ values.
- Commitment to the development of a strong client focussed service culture.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Strong attention to detail.
All employees must complete the NDIS Worker Screening and Working with Children checks and a suite of training modules prior to commencement.
About the organisation
OC Connections is one of Victoria’s most trusted disability support services, providing our participants, family and friends with information and support.
We support people to live a life they choose within a society that values individuals for who they are, respects their rights and encourages participation in everyday life.
We advocate for ‘my life, my choice’ and provide rewarding opportunities that support people to achieve this.
OC Connections has been providing services to people with an intellectual disability since 1950. Today OC Connections provides services to over 500 adults in the areas of employment, recreation, residential and day services.
How to apply
It is essential that all applications include a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and a current resume demonstrating your experience.
Please quote in application: Manager, Quality & Risk via Pro Bono Australia.