About the role
- Make your mark with a reputable an NFP organisation going through exciting transformational change and growth
- Head office in Fairfield (Vic) but location across Wellways footprint will be considered for the right person
- Attractive salary packaging benefits available
- Support and shape a growing People & Culture service
- Partner with extraordinarily committed people who envisage a better future for all
About this opportunity
A specialist role within the People & Culture team, the National Work, Health and Safety Advisor will provide advice and support to Wellways managers and staff on all aspects of workplace health and safety requirements. This role will adhere to and act in accordance with, relevant legislation, standards, requirements and Wellways values, code of conduct and policies.
The National Work, Health and Safety Advisor will support the development, implementation, monitoring and ongoing improvement of the Wellways Workplace Health and Safety System, associated frameworks, management plans, initiatives, relevant policies and procedures. This role will also have a focus on prevention and early intervention that seeks to build the competency and capacity of managers and employees with regard to best practice approaches to health and safety.
- A contemporary health and safety specialist, and in addition to the points below, you bring a pragmatic and partnering approach to achieve success in what you do: demonstrated experience working in a WHS / OHS role in a medium to large organisation, preferably in a health care, not-for-profit or community services organisation
- Proven experience in and understanding of interpreting and applying the requirements of the WHS/OHS legislation in the workplace across different states and territories
- Demonstrated experience in a workplace accident, incident investigation, and root cause analysis
- Strong working knowledge of supporting injured workers and claims management
- Certificate IV in Training Assessment is desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to manage complex issues
- Tertiary qualification in OHS or related discipline or equivalent related industry experience
- Experience in leadership, managing change across health and safety portfolio
- Approach safety management in a dynamic organisation with creativity and flexibility
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, build effective
- relationships, engage with stakeholders and influence positive safety culture across the organisation.
Benefits & culture
Wellways supports an inclusive approach in both the workplace and community where everyone can imagine and achieve their goals to their fullest potential. This is your opportunity to join a nationally
recognised organisation with over 2,000 staff members across 93 sites where you can gain access to ongoing support and opportunity for career development.
- Salary packaging benefits up to $15,899 per annum
- An Employee Assistance Program which aims to support and empower employees and their loved ones
About the organisation
Wellways Australia exists to help all Australians lead active, fulling and inclusive lives in their community. We achieve this by supporting and working with individuals, families and the community to help them
imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it. We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, carer services, supporting youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page:
https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5512274.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Nicole Kondogiannis on 03 7020 6743
Applications close 13 June 2021 (successful applicants may be contacted prior to closing date)
We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply. Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the
safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
Please quote in application: National Workplace Health & Safety Advisor via Pro Bono Australia.