About the role
What We Offer
We are a friendly and supportive small team, passionate about our role in social enterprise. As a Not-For-Profit charity we can offer a fair salary with the benefits of salary sacrifice while making a difference in people’s lives.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Operations Support Officer – Production & Warehouse (OSOP/W) to join our team.
At BIA being an Operations Support Officer – Production & Warehouse you will have ownership of your role whilst benefitting from the support of passionate and dedicated co-workers in a challenging yet rewarding environment, where no two days are the same. Duties for this role include:
- Plan and implement daily/ weekly supplies of materials/consumables and allocate rostered supported employees to tasks to meet BIA’s Operations schedule.
- Maintain production targets in accordance with BIA’s Operations Schedule and customer quality requirements
- Despatch of completed goods to specification
- Receiving of deliveries including loading and unloading goods using a forklift, in accordance with BIA procedures.
- Compile documentation related to production performance electronically and manually
- Arrange transport of goods according to customer requirement
- Carry out local deliveries using BIA vehicle as required
- Assist with site and machine maintenance
- Liaise with other staff to develop and maximize supported employees skills while achieving production targets
You will have previous experience in manufacturing and or a warehouse environment.
You consistently deliver high quality outcomes because of your clear and effective communication skills as well as an innate ability to motivate, lead & develop individuals to meet their goals.
You will have a manual driver’s licence and forklift licence while being physically capable of manually moving loads. You have demonstrated ability to work with computers using Microsoft excel, word and outlook.
Whilst having experience in the disability industry and or formal qualifications is desirable but definitely not essential having the right can do attitude is a MUST!
About the organisation
Brunswick Industries Association is a long-standing provider of employment to adults with a disability. Our proud 50+ years history has seen us sustainably be a business servicing commercial customers across Melbourne whilst simultaneously providing a great place to work and a sense of inclusion to those living with disability in the community.
How to apply
If you are ready for a new career challenge and want to contribute to a valuable and worthy community organisation, please reply with your CV and a cover letter using the APPLY button.
Please quote in application: Operations Support Officer (Production & Warehouse) via Pro Bono Australia.