About the role
We’re looking for a professional HR Team Leader with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a permanent basis, working 38 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
Responsible for leading and overseeing the day to day operations of the People and Culture Service Desk team, the Team Leader will drive the team to optimal performance in the delivery of an accurate, consistent and centralised HR service. The People and Culture Service Desk team provides first level HR recruitment and transactional support to BSL people leaders and employees, whilst also managing a range of general HR queries.
- Lead, coach, support and develop direct team to provide exceptional customer service
- Establish, track, evaluate and improve People and Culture Service Desk operational standards, procedures, processes and guidelines as required
- Assist in all areas of the People and Culture Service Desk functions to ensure timely and effective service and advice whilst partnering with internal and external stakeholders
Salary will be in the range of $90,000 to $95,000 per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for an who has the following key skills and experiences:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources or similar field
- Previous experience as an HR generalist, HR Advisor, or a similar role is essential
- Collaborative and pragmatic in nature, with a demonstrated strong customer service focus is essential
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading and developing a service desk team would be advantageous
Experience with PageUp recruitment system and CHRIS21 payroll system is an advantage
- Highly developed leadership skills, ability to develop and maintain effective workplace relationships through an approachable style, as well as the ability to be flexible, manage and work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Curious and a demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems and make appropriate recommendations, while distinguishing superficial problems from their root cause
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Reut O’Connor on 0490 440 992 for a confidential discussion.
Please review the Position Description to address the key responsibilities and selection criteria
Applications close: Monday, 28 June 2021
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: People and Culture Service Desk Team Leader via Pro Bono Australia.