About the role
The Philanthropy Manager will play an integral role in the Foundation’s ambitious five-year plan to substantially increase revenue through implementing a best-practice approach to securing significant philanthropic gifts across the whole of Monash Health.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying an extensive prospective donor list and developing a portfolio of existing and potential philanthropic relationships.
- Managing a portfolio of relationships through a customised and personal engagement process to cultivate, solicit and steward philanthropic gifts.
- Maintaining high quality records in the Foundation’s CRM and reporting regularly when required.
- Working closely with other Foundation staff to plan and execute a series of fundraising and cultivation events for major donors and prospective donors.
- Actively promoting the work of Monash Health and its staff by conveying specific needs to donors and the community, through strategic relationship building and considered and timely asks.
- Experience in and an understanding of the not-for-profit and philanthropy sector.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and appropriately represent the Foundation and Monash Health.
- High level report writing, research, presentation and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop a variety of philanthropic relationships, and to make ‘the ask’.
- Ability to contribute to and coordinate the drafting of proposals and acquittal documents in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to work autonomously and creatively and strong organisational skills.
- The ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders, both internal and external and in a team environment.
On a personal level, you:
- Are naturally curious and interested in others and in public health.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain the highest standards of integrity and confidentiality, and exercise sound judgment and professionalism always.
- Effectively prioritise your workload and demonstrate strong time management skills.
- Are described as positive and go-getting.
What you need:
- An undergraduate qualification, or equivalent experience.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
- An understanding of the Australian Philanthropic Community.
- An understanding of, and connections with, key prospective large-end donors.
- Experience of successfully developing and implementing fundraising programs.
About the organisation
Monash Health Foundation is the Fundraising arm of Monash Health, nurturing and encouraging philanthropic support, so we can provide a positive experience for the people we care for. Our supporters provide vital equipment, research projects and patient wellbeing initiatives. Our team of fundraising professionals is here to help make a difference in the lives of Monash Health patients and staff members, supporting good health for our community.
Monash Health is the largest public health service in Victoria, employing over 18,000 people who work across 40 locations delivering healthcare services through our five hospitals and our extensive network of rehabilitation, aged care, community health and mental health facilities.
Acknowledging the vital role they play in providing healthcare to our community, Monash Health proudly supports the WHO 2021 International Year of Health and Care Workers.
What we offer:
- Access to Monash Health in-house learning portals to further expand knowledge base.
- A supportive learning environment, mentorship and guidance.
- Support to attend relevant forums and conferences.
In addition, you will have access to benefits including salary packaging that increase your take-home pay, access to subsidised staff subsidised car parking and gym, and a generous Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
This is an exciting time for Monash Health Foundation as we embark on a significant growth phase. Join our passionate fundraising team and help us not only meet but exceed our ambitious fundraising target.
How to apply
pplications will only be accepted via the Monash Health online Mercury System only. Email applications will not be considered.
Offers of employment can only be made once all required probity checks have been completed. These include:
- reference checks;
- a clear Police Check conducted within the last three months;
- a current Victorian Employee Working with Children’s Check (or proof of payment for same);and
- proof of immunisation.
As part of our selection process, you may be invited by email to participate in an on-camera video interview.
Please quote in application: Philanthropy Manager via Pro Bono Australia.