About the role
Your new role
Women’s House offers a safe and welcoming engagement hub for women experiencing homelessness. Working full time, you will lead the team in providing high quality assessment and support responses and services. You will oversee service delivery aimed at assisting women to identify, access and sustain appropriate, stable and affordable long-term housing through the provision of information, referral, support, and case management. This role works closely with other client services to promote a positive shared response to women.
The Women’s House Coordinator role is a dynamic and varied role. You will be supervising 3 team members as well as volunteers in this role.
Day to day you will be called on to ensure the space is welcoming and safe for staff and clients, support staff to find creative solutions to complex housing and support needs, as they assist clients in the beginning of their journey with SHM
You will also assist with the Sacred Heart Mission on-call roster.
We’re looking for someone who is
- Team focused with strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work 8 am – 4.06 pm, Monday to Friday.
- Excited to lead the team through change
- Committed to work with internal programs in an integrated way
- Feminist and trauma informed
You can look forward to
- A unique opportunity to work as part of a team focusing on providing an intersectional and inclusive response to women
- With change on the horizon, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the future of the much-loved Women’s House engagement hub services.
- Alignment of services with our exciting new SHM Continuum of Care project
- Leading service planning with the team and clients during 2021/22
- Participating in in-house training and regular supervision
- Salary packaging expenses like your rent, holiday accommodation and dining out: up to $15,990 pre-tax
- Opportunity to purchase additional leave
About the organisation
Every day of the year, Sacred Heart Mission assist hundreds of people who are experiencing homelessness or living in poverty to find shelter, food, care and support. We are in this for the long haul - we are committed to making a sustainable difference in people’s lives. Everyone is welcome at our table.
How to apply
Come and Work with us
To join our team, simply apply now.
For more information about the role, contact Kate Heron Manager, Women’s Services, 0439 430 307.
Closing date for applications: 5PM, Monday 28 June 2021.
All appointments are subject to Police Checks and certain roles require additional pre-screening as outlined in the position description. All NDIS roles will require a NDIS Worker Screening (NDIS) check. Individuals placed on the DWEL will not be engaged by Sacred Heart Mission.
Sacred Heart Mission's Women's Services programs provide specialist services to vulnerable women experiencing homelessness and disadvantage - covered under Section 88 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (VIC). As a welfare service, Sacred Heart Mission is entitled to a general exception under Section 28 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 to employ people identifying as women for Women's Services Programs.
Please quote in application: Program Coordinator, Women’s House via Pro Bono Australia.