About the role
- Exciting Part time (0.5 FTE) Recovery & Rehabilitation
- Program Worker opportunity in Shepparton (afternoon and weekend work included)
- 72k annual salary (pro rata) + Superannuation + Salary packaging benefits + leave loading
The Recovery and Rehabilitation Program Worker will work alongside participants to address key development areas that support the development of independence in: living skills, social skills, leadership, decision making teamwork, healthy lifestyle, community service, responsibility, self-identity, self-esteem and resilience.
A key outcome will be supporting the participant to identify and nurture natural supports that sustain recovery and assist in the development of self management skills. This position will provide direct support to participants accessing the YRR and YORS supports. Weekend and afternoon work included.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging participants in the planning, delivery, development, monitoring and evaluation of services
- Regularly reviewing the ways in which services are provided to ensure the program is service aligned with individual needs
- Providing services in a culturally competent manner for participants and families from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- Engage participants, their families and friends in the program where appropriate and develop professional and trusting working relationships
- Conduct regular face to face support visits to connect with the person and to monitor and offer support around key areas
- Assist participants to identify areas of need using key assessment and outcomes measurement tools
- Encourage linkages into a range of activities to support achievement of goals, including all other Wellways services.
- Develop individually tailored recovery plans with each participant which incorporate specific individual goals focusing on skill and knowledge development, including physical health
and wellbeing and housing outcomes
- Provide direct practical support to participants to attain the skills required to meet the goals identified to ensure social inclusion, including group activities as appropriate
- Assist participants to regularly monitor and update their individual recovery plans
Skills & experience:
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working within programs for people with a serious mental health issues or their carers, including the provision of high quality recovery oriented practice
- Experience in the provision of psychosocial rehabilitation services.
- An understanding of the biopsychosocial model of mental health and how social inclusion principles are applied to service delivery for people with serious mental health issues
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate the active involvement of participants and carers in the development, planning, delivery and evaluation of services
- An ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships including liaison, mediation, negotiation and consultation with various stakeholders including clinical services and other
members of the support team including the participant’s family
- An ability to provide culturally competent services appropriate to the needs of people from diverse backgrounds, including people from CALD backgrounds.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and evidence-based practice
- Dual diagnosis and dual disability competent
- ATSI background
- Knowledge of community services in youth mental health
- First Aid Certificate, or willing to obtain
- Pre-employment compliance requirements:
- Evidence of working rights within Australia
- Current drivers’ licence with the ability to undertake travel across the Murray region\
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check
- Working with Children Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-forworkers/training-course
About the organisation
We are a values-based organisation. We stand for Honesty, Acceptance, Fairness, Commitment and Participation. Wellways Australia is a leading not-for-profit organisation dedicated to ensuring
all Australians lead active and fulfilling lives in their community. We work with individuals, families and the community to help them imagine and achieve better lives. We advocate for change to ensure people have access to the best possible care and information when they need it.
We provide a wide range of services and assistance for people with mental health issues, disabilities, youth and older Australians and those requiring community care.
The Jacaranda Program is a semi supported youth residential rehabilitation service for people aged 16 to 24, with a diagnosed mental illness. It aims to provide young people with mental health issues and
who have or are at risk of developing significant functional disability and their families. The program will deliver psychosocial support with a focus on community development and engagement and family capacity building. The Jacaranda Program will work with participants to address key development areas that support mental health, development of independence, social skills, leadership, decision-making, teamwork, healthy lifestyle, community service, responsibility, self-identity, selfesteem and resilience. A key outcome will be supporting the participant to identify and nurture natural supports that sustain recovery and assist in the development of self-management skills
How to apply
To apply and to download a copy of the position description please visit our careers page:
https://wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies & enter ref code: 5545832.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Gemma Marchant, YRR & YORS Coordinator on 03 5822 8661
Applications close 9th July 2021
Please quote in application: Recovery & Rehabilitation Program Worker via Pro Bono Australia.