About the role
Working closely with our executive team, you will play a pivotal role in developing and maintaining PIAC’s supporter and partner relationships. Additionally, you will:
- Identify funders to align with PIAC’s priority projects
- Develop cases for support and applications for funding
- Design and manage events and implement our fundraising program
Ideally, you have a track record developing successful relationships with philanthropic donors, are familiar with the community legal sector, with experience using a donor management database. Otherwise, you are a fundraiser with effective donor stewardship, leading to significant support and can demonstrate experience:
- Leveraging your exceptional networking skills to cultivate partnerships
- Building and preserving a valued portfolio
About the organisation
The Public Interest Advocacy Centre (PIAC) is a leading social justice law and policy centre. We are an independent, non-profit organisation that works with people and communities who are marginalised and facing disadvantage. We work to build a fairer, stronger society by helping to change laws, policies and practices that cause injustice and inequality.
Our priorities include reducing homelessness, First Nations justice, climate change and social justice, equality and non-discrimination, asylum seeker health rights and the fair use of police powers.
- We have a generous and committed network of partners, sponsors and donors
- PIAC is a trusted partner and can bring a broad audience together
- We offer a workplace where wellbeing is promoted, and flexibility supported
How to apply
If you can demonstrate your commitment to social justice and would like to join us to build support to tackle injustice and inequality, please send your resume along with a covering letter and responses to the selection criteria included in the position description that can be downloaded on our website.
Inquiries should be directed to Annie Barker via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your application to email@example.com, including Relationships Manager in the subject field. Please note there is no application close date, and we invite you to apply as soon as possible.
Please quote in application: Relationships Manager via Pro Bono Australia.