About the role
We offer our customers more than just retail therapy! Save the Children op shops offer a unique shopping experience and the chance to support the numerous projects that help to create better lives for children in Australia and overseas. We need you to support our shop network in New South Wales that is run by volunteers. This is a pivotal role in ensuring the success of our existing and future network of shops.
In this full-time permanent position, based in Sydney, you’ll work with our passionate volunteers to ensure that the stores in the NSW network are running efficiently and effectively delivering the required results for Save the Children. You’ll be an integral part of our Retail Team and report to our State Retail Operations Manager. Daily travel within Sydney will be required, as well as occasional weekend and evening work.
You will make an impact by:
- Managing profit and loss performance for all stores in your area
- Training, managing, and mentoring your team of volunteers to success
- Managing merchandise and stock to maximise sales
- Ensuring all operational and safety compliance
- Supporting the team to achieve goals and deliver maximised profits to Save the Children Australia
Does this sound like you?
You’re a dynamic, passionate, people-orientated and organised individual who loves to think outside the box. Ideally, you are an existing Area Manager, Cluster Manager, or Senior Store Manager looking to take the next step in your retail career. If you are passionate about people and retail, are highly organised and want to contribute to an amazing and well-respected cause, this role is for you.
This role requires:
- Strong retail management skills across all aspects of retail operations
- Multi-site or big-box retail management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with a successful track record in managing, engaging and developing staff
- Strong written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to adapt quickly
- A customer service focus with motivation to improve customer experience
Working at Save the Children is more than just a job.
It’s the feeling of knowing that your work is contributing to making the world a better place for children and working with others who feel the same. In addition to a connection to social causes, you will have access to:
- Internal employment and development opportunities
- Opportunity to work on additional projects alongside business as usual
- Individual learning plans to assist in your career development
- Friendly and flexible work environment
- Child friendly work environment
- Full salary packaging benefits
- Additional annual leave options available
About the organisation
Save the Children is no ordinary not-for-profit.
We’re ambitious, creative, and outspoken. We stand up for children’s rights. We want all children to be educated, healthy, and live a life free from violence. We run programs overseas and across Australia, where we have been creating better lives for children in New South Wales since we opened our first pre-school in 1962. See here for more information on our work across New South Wales and Australia.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Retail Area Manager via Pro Bono Australia.