About the role
- Join a leader in youth mental health, revolutionising services to our young people
- Be part of a supportive team with career development and growth opportunities
- Full-time, fixed term position available for 2 years
- Access to generous NFP salary packaging and flexible work/life balance arrangements
People and Culture are seeking a Senior Business Partner. You will be well supported operationally to ensure your career at Orygen is both fulfilling and rewarding without compromising on your life goals.
If you have a passion for the field of youth mental health and want to make a real difference to the lives of young people and their families and carers and share Orygen’s values of respect, accountability, teamwork, excellence and innovation, then we would love you to join the Orygen team to revolutionise youth mental health.
The role and your impact
As the Senior Business Partner, you will work proactively with the leadership team and staff in designated client groups to ensure that the people needs of the business are met. You will assess and anticipate HR-related needs, and through collaborative partnerships across the organisation deliver value-added service to management and employees in line with our strategic direction. Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to workforce planning, job design, Modern Award interpretation and application, recruitment and selection, employee relations, organisation structure and design and performance coaching and development.
Essential to this role is that you have a relevant tertiary qualification in human resources management. You are passionate, energetic and determined to make a difference to health outcomes for young people. In addition, you will bring:
- Extensive experience in a similar senior business partner and leadership role in a complex organisation
- Sound working knowledge of relevant state and federal industrial relations, the Modern Award framework and other employment related legislation.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills with the ability and confidence to address complex and sensitive people issues across all levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrated experience of developing and maintaining positive and professional working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- High level influencing and negotiating skills to steer decisions and actions to achieve a desired outcome.
- Ability to adapt, be open to new ideas, accept changes in priorities, recognise the merits of different options and change direction quickly.
To view the FULL selection criteria and learn more about this opportunity, please view the Position Description or contact Diana Mottram at firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Salary and benefits
Depending on your skills and experience, a salary of $95,684 – $110,949 p.a. is offered plus superannuation and access to generous NFP salary packaging.
Orygen is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that supports employees to achieve their career goals without compromising their life goals. With this in mind Orygen offers a range of employment benefits including generous paid leave, flexible work arrangement, an employee assistance program, well regarded supervision and a supportive team, career growth and development opportunities, purposeful work that makes a real difference to lives of young people and their families and carers and career opportunities within an organisation that is the leader in youth mental health.
About the organisation
The why behind what we do is important. We believe that all young people deserve to grow into adulthood with optimal mental health. Everything we do is focused on this outcome. Orygen is leading and redefining what’s possible in global research, policy, education and clinical care. Find out more on our website.
How to apply
Please refer to the position description and submit your cover letter addressing the key selection criteria and resume to email@example.com, using the subject line ‘Senior Business Partner’ followed by your ‘full name’.
Closing date: Monday, 19 July 2021, 5.00 PM AEST.
You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Orygen may close the advertisement before the closing date.
Orygen is dedicated to gender equality, diversity and inclusivity. We strive to continue to build a culturally safe workplace where our values underpin the way we work and our commitment to First Nations people of Australia, young people and their families, LGBTIQA+ people and CALD people. We strongly encourage applications from the First Nations people.
Please quote in application: SENIOR BUSINESS PARTNER, PEOPLE AND CULTURE via Pro Bono Australia.