About the role
We’re looking for a professional Senior Early Childhood Early Intervention Coordinator with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a Permanent Full-Time basis, working 38 hours per week based in Broadmeadows.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society – a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
- Develop effective strategies to implement and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, e.g. children’s service providers, peak bodies, advocacy groups, NDIA, with the aim of working collaboratively to ensure best practice is upheld and customers experience continuity of service.
- Provide information to families that reflects their needs and links them into appropriate Universal and Specialist Services to meet their child’s developmental needs
- Prepare assessment reports and initial plans and reviews that are sensitive to the particular cultures, values and beliefs of people from diverse backgrounds and utilise interpreter services when necessary.
- Relevant tertiary qualification, industry experience and registration with AHPRA or other relevant body.
- Extensive knowledge and application of early childhood development, developmental delay and the early intervention service sector.
- Ability to identify the needs of children and their families and make judgements regarding eligibility for ECEI NDIS support services and develop plans according to NDIA guidelines.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching team members to ensure consistency and quality within the ECEI team.
- Customer service focused
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Senior ECEI Coordinator via Pro Bono Australia.