About the role
This role will be focussed on a stream of work that creates new products and iterates existing products produced by the innovation team responding to user feedback, analytics and insights ensuring that products have the greatest impact possible. The role will also work on cross-organisation projects.
- Play a critical role in Justice Connect’s innovation team, creating, designing, and implementing innovation projects.
- Use project, people and digital product management skills to deliver high quality projects with transformative outcomes.
- Harness an entrepreneurial and intersectional approach to gain support for projects from external and internal stakeholders and deliver projects to a high standard in a fast-paced and dynamic organisation.
- Work alongside designers and developers in our multidisciplinary innovation team on current projects.
- Manage improvements to existing innovation products, work on cutting-edge AI development project in partnership with the University of Melbourne and work on local and global development and rollouts of Justice Connect’s award-winning Pro Bono Portal.
- Contribute to Justice Connect’s Reconciliation Action Plan activities
- Please view the attached PDF for further information regarding the selection criteria.
Justice Connect offers employment benefits including salary packaging (making part of your salary tax-free), flexible working arrangements, above award annual leave provisions and opportunities for professional development. Justice Connect is an organisation that strives to show leadership, operate sustainably and demonstrate our effectiveness. You will be rewarded with a workplace culture that is professional, committed, collaborative and creative and where you can make a real difference through your work.
About the organisation
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of Australia’s most successful public interest and social justice organisations. In the face of rising levels of unmet legal need, Justice Connect designs and delivers high impact interventions to increase access to legal support and progress social justice.
We are committed to taking an impact-focused approach, applying research and design principles to develop our products and services to ensure they make a tangible difference for our clients and sector peers.
We deliver services that assist both people and community organisations. Those we assist often struggle to navigate the law, are unable to use the law in their daily lives and experience the impacts of harsh and unjust laws. We aim to prevent and to solve legal problems so that we can prevent the negative impacts on people’s lives and organisations and empower the community to use the law as a force for good.
Given the scale of the challenges we address, we use digital innovation to extend our reach and impact, supporting us to be more efficient and accessible, while helping us capture and use data to better understand legal need and underlying systemic issues.
We harness the extraordinary pro bono contributions of over 50 member firms and the barristers we work with across the country. We channel pro bono effort through our innovative service models to ensure that pro bono hours deliver real impact for the community.
We develop strategic interventions to help address the system-level drivers of legal problems and barriers people face when engaging with the legal system. By addressing root causes of flawed or unfair laws and poorly designed systems, we prevent the long-term challenges that people and organisations continue to face.
Our creative and passionate staff drive us forward with a commitment to evaluation and iteration that ensures our impact increases year on year.
This exciting new role is part of Justice Connect’s acclaimed innovation and engagement team. Undertaking some of the most cutting edge work at the intersection of justice and technology, our innovation team works on a range of projects that aim to scale Justice Connect’s reach and impact and improve the experience of people seeking legal help and of the lawyers that help them. This role will undertake significant work on Justice Connect’s Gateway Project, funded initially as a finalist in the Google Impact Challenge, and now with strong support from a range of local and international funders.
How to apply
The application process is as follows:
- Applications should be addressed to “Kate Fazio, Head of Innovation and Engagement”, and should comprise a cover letter, your resume, and a succinct statement outlining your suitability for the role with reference to the selection criteria.
- Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a single word or PDF file including “Senior Project Lead, Innovation and Engagement via Pro Bono Australia” in the email subject line.
- Applications close at 9:00 am Friday 25 June 2021.
We know our team and our organisation is stronger with a diversity of backgrounds and experience, including lived experience of the issues we work on. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of colour, people from culturally and linguistically diverse and refugee backgrounds, people with diverse religious beliefs, gender diverse people, LGBTIQ+ people and people living with a disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please quote in application: Senior Project Lead via Pro Bono Australia.