About the role
We’re looking for a professional Senior Research Officer with relevant experience who wants to join our 2,000+ team of staff and volunteers to make a difference on a employment permanent part-time basis, working 30.4 hours per week based in Fitzroy.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For almost 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change that will prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
We are passionate about the work we do.
We strive to create change that lasts for a more compassionate and just society –
a society in which we can all fully participate in social, civic and economic life with the dignity and respect we all deserve.
The position will conduct and manage rigorous and relevant applied social research and evaluation within the Work and Economic Security Team in the Research and Policy Centre. This role will contribute to the research and evaluation efforts relating to projects that focus on women’s economic security, financial wellbeing and inclusive employment.
- Contribute to research and evaluation with a focus on a three year study about women, employment, economic security and financial wellbeing and other associated studies
- Contribute to the development of evidence and knowledge base within the Work and Economic Security team
- Conduct applied research and evaluation
- Contribute to program design and development in collaboration with the Work Economic Security and Social Inclusion (WESSI) team
- Contribute to the translation of social policy ideas that stem from the study’s findings
Salary will be in the range of $93,154.77 – $97,269.24 pro rata per annum, based on skills and experience plus superannuation.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Passion for supporting the mission of BSL, and delivering excellence in your role, are just the start.
To be considered for the role and be successful in it, we’re looking for an Senior Research Officer who has the following key skills and experiences:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification with extensive relevant experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Developed knowledge of applied research and evaluation (current issues and debates in research and evaluation)
- Developed understanding of the social research and policy environment, including contemporary issues
- Developed knowledge of relevant ethical research practices and codes
- Capacity to develop leadership skills
- Extensive salary packaging options to reduce amount of tax you pay
- Career development opportunities
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Program
BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, APPLY NOW or contact Dina Bowman on 0418 310 551 for a confidential discussion.
To review the Position Description and to address the Key Selection Criteria, please click here
Applications close: Sunday 27 June 2021 at 11:55 pm
We are an EEO and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Senior Research Officer via Pro Bono Australia.