About the role
- Are you a solicitor looking to make a real difference in the community?
- Join this community-based NFP in this rewarding and challenging role
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration circa $84,726.59 gross per annum plus 9.5% super and 17.5% leave loading
- Full-time role (38 hours per week), for 12-month temporary period
- Eligible employees may also benefit from salary sacrifice options to further increase their take-home pay
- Time off in lieu arrangements available
- 3 days ex gratia leave available over the Christmas/New Year period
- Practising certificate costs met
- Vaccination Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Up to $1,000 relocation costs.
About the Role
Due to ongoing organisational growth and demand for services, the Cairns Community Legal Centre has a new opportunity for a full-time Solicitor to join their team, on a 12-month temporary basis.
Reporting to the Centre’s Principal Solicitor, you will be responsible for undertaking high-quality legal work that seeks to make a difference.
Some of your daily responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Providing direct client services including legal advice, ongoing casework and representation, duty lawyer services, information and referrals
- Identifying, developing, organising and delivering quality community education work, awareness-raising, networking and promotional work; and
- Addressing systemic issues, including through the provision of law reform work and social policy work.
As a member of the Centre’s team, you will also share workloads with your colleagues, and be actively involved in promotional and other activities where required.
For further information on the position, please click here.
You will have (or be eligible for) admission as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland and a practising certificate that entitles you to practise as a solicitor in Queensland.
The successful candidate will be an adaptable and agile individual, with the ability to respond to emerging demands. A strong team player, you’ll demonstrate respect, have a positive attitude and enthusiastically accept new challenges as they arise. Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills will be key for your success, as will the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
Importantly, you’ll be passionate about the work you’ll be doing, and will have a genuine interest in working to help people who are experiencing disadvantage. You will also work with a strong spirit of service to get results and achieve positive client outcomes.
Applications close Monday 21 June 2021.
About the organisation
The Cairns Community Legal Centre is a non-profit, government-funded community organisation, committed to providing free legal and social justice services to a range of disadvantaged clients.
The Centre extends its services across a range of areas of law including guardianship, domestic violence, peace and good behaviour matters, consumer law, credit, debt, motor vehicle property damage, discrimination and human rights, family law, child protection, and criminal and traffic matters.
This work is provided for a diverse range of clients including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, those experiencing domestic or family violence, financial difficulties and homelessness.
How to apply
To view more details and to apply:
Please quote in application: Solicitor via Pro Bono Australia.