About the role
- This position will manage the Tasmanian University Student Association (TUSA) Student Legal Service.
- Must have at least 3 years post-admission experience within Australia. Experience in Tasmania is highly desirable.
- Will play a significant role in access to justice for students at the University of Tasmania.
- Work from the University of Tasmania (TUSA Office) in Hobart, and remotely as part of Youth Law Australia’s national practice.
- Fixed-term contract with possibility of extension.
- Most likely part-time but will consider applicants looking for a full-time position, as well as flexibility, secondment and/or job-share.
- Provide timely and accurate legal information, advice and assistance in a range of civil, administrative, criminal, and family law contexts.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the TUSA Student Legal Service.
- Support the delivery and supervision of quality legal work experience for a team of UTAS law student volunteers and interns.
- Help ensure YLA’s legal practice and risk management requirements are met and records are properly maintained.
- Assist with reporting to funding bodies, partners and the Board.
- Assist in maintaining and developing relationships with University stakeholders, pro bono providers, legal centres, youth organisations, referral agencies and other professional bodies.
- Undertake general administrative duties.
- Such other work as the Board or Management Team may reasonably require.
About the organisation
- Lobbying and representation on issues to students
- Independent support and advocacy
- Financial support and counselling
- Social connection through our 130+ Clubs and Societies, and Student led events.
- Great facilities like Clubs & Societies meeting rooms, kitchen and lounge areas equipped with a ping pong table, Wii, and board games.
- Safe spaces and Women’s Space, Queer Space, and Parenting Rooms
How to apply
Please quote in application: Solicitor/Senior Solicitor – TUSA Student Legal Service - EOI via Pro Bono Australia.