About the role
Australian Red Cross is part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation. Their aim is to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people in Australia and across our region.
Their Migrant Support Programs department works to assist migrants in transition to ensure they have their humanitarian needs met and are participating in Australian Society.
Reporting to the State Director, the role will provide operational leadership for the State to meet the emerging and changing needs of migrants in transition.
You will be a recognised subject matter expert in, and have operational experience working with, the most vulnerable migrants and asylum seekers in our community.
You will have:
- Excellent understanding of issues affecting people impacted by migration, and their vulnerabilities, needs and strengths
- Demonstrated experience in developing partnerships across community, business and government sectors
- An understanding of the impact of trauma, crisis management and related case work
- Knowledge of relevant legislative, policies and frameworks and proven ability to manage risk
- Proven ability to manage, develop and coach people.
The annual salary on offer for this role is $130K plus superannuation and NFP packaging, offered as a full time, 9 to 12-month contract. It would also suit a candidate looking to take a sabbatical from their substantive role to collaborate and an develop ongoing relationship with the leading humanitarian organisation in the world.
If you want to build a culture of collaboration and innovation through an adaptive human centred approach, please make an application by clicking the ‘Apply’ tab below to submit your resume in Word format. To confidentially discuss this role further, please feel free to call Barry Vienet (9946 7321) or Lauren Monaghan (9946 7326) from Johnson Recruitment.
Johnson Recruitment actively embraces diversity in the workforce through inclusive community representation of gender, culture, thought, and work arrangements.
This is a retained, exclusive assignment and any direct applications or referrals will be forwarded to Johnson Recruitment.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: State Lead - Migration Support Program via Pro Bono Australia.