About the role
Let’s talk about you
You will thrive as the Supporter Care Officer if you have:
- Superior customer service skills, ability to represent Caritas Australia in a professional manner at all times.
- Warm and engaging phone manner with experience in a call centre or phone-based customer service role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy, coupled with strong administrative and procedural skills.
- Demonstrated high computer literacy, including Microsoft Office.
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills, with experience in CRM/databases (preferably Salesforce) and case management software.
- Proven time management skills, able to manage competing deadlines without compromising quality.
- Able to work well within a team and build collaborative work relationships, but equally able to use own initiative and work independently.
Let’s talk about your next role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- providing an outstanding supporter care experience for Caritas Australia’s supporters according to service standards and through various communication channels.
- maintaining a suite of responses to common supporter queries, ensuring accuracy, relevance, and alignment with Caritas Australia’s approved messaging.
- proactively engaging with supporters to ultimately retain their connection with Caritas Australia, offering adjustments to their level of support as appropriate.
- consulting with and informing relevant stakeholders, responding to supporter contacts in a timely manner, including investigating & resolving complaints, questions and enquiries.
- end to end processing of donations including specialised donor groups. and resolving all follow ups, ensuring accuracy, adherence to process, compliance and quality standards.
- receipting and acknowledgment of all gifts and donations made to Caritas Australia.
- managing supporter data with confidentiality and accuracy, including data entry and case management in the CRM database.
- conducting administration tasks and providing assistance to other areas of Engagement and Sustainability and Caritas Australia colleagues as required.
- making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people.
About Caritas Australia
Caritas Australia is the Catholic agency for international humanitarian relief and development in Australia. Through relationships with the Church, partners and communities in Africa, Asia, the Pacific and Australia, Caritas Australia helps to end poverty, promote justice and uphold dignity.
Our programs promote the good of every person regardless of their religious, political or cultural beliefs. We envisage a world in which children, women and men most vulnerable to extreme poverty and injustice are agents of their own change and architects of their own development.
Sound like you?
That’s a good sign! In return for your energy and ideas, we offer genuine flexible work/life balance.
We always support a safe, healthy, engaging and productive working environment for all employees and workers, whether that be in your home, an office or a combination of both.
We are a not-for-profit, so we offer a range of benefits. You can find more out here: https://www.caritas.org.au/about/careers/work-with-us
Learn more about Caritas Australia, our work and how we’re making a difference at: https://www.caritas.org.au/
We welcome people with different skills, and life experiences and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please submit your application including your cover letter and CV by 25 June 2021. We will be interviewing as applications come through, so please don’t delay in submitting yours.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our commitment to safeguarding
At Caritas Australia, we recognise the personal dignity and rights of all people, especially children and vulnerable adults towards whom we have a special responsibility. If you are offered this position, you will be required to undergo relevant background checks, including police checks and reference checks. If the position requires a Working with Children Check or foreign police check, it is your responsibility to obtain one before starting work. You will also be required to sign our Code of Conduct which includes a section on Professional Behaviour Standards for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults as well as to abide by our safeguarding policies.
Our commitment to diversity
At Caritas Australia, we support an inclusive and diverse workforce. In particular we encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants for all advertised positions.
About the organisation
How to apply
Please quote in application: Supporter Care Officer via Pro Bono Australia.