About the role
The Youth Outreach Recovery Service (YORS) supports young people (16-25 years) who are experiencing mental health symptoms and other complex needs across Loddon Mallee who require psychosocial outreach support pre- and post- entry to a Youth Residential Rehabilitation (YRR) service, or as an alternative to a YRR placement.
Young people will be supported to identify and pursue their unique recovery goals through completion of the One Plan. The service will help the young person to build/consolidate their capacity to better manage their mental health symptoms develop practical life skills for independent living and self-care, engage in community life, access other health and social support services they need and make the journey towards recovery and the life they want.
Success as a Team Leader requires you to have strong leadership qualities and a sound understanding of age and developmentally appropriate recovery-oriented supports. Reporting to the Program Manager – Residential Services, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day service delivery of the YORS program and leading a medium sized team to ensure quality client outcomes. In addition to your leadership duties, approximately 50% of your time will involve direct client care through management of a caseload of young people. This is a full-time position based in Bendigo, with travel required throughout the community and other ACSO locations.
What we’re looking for
- A minimum diploma level qualification in Community Services, Mental Health, Youth or a similar field
- Prior experience in a supervisory or leadership role
- Knowledge of the mental health systems and the range of health, welfare and community agencies ACSO’s programs interface with
- Excellent administration skills including developing case plans, professional case noting, writing court reports and effective time management skills
- The ability to implement skill development and behaviour support plans
- High level interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate and negotiate, liaise and consult effectively with a range of people.
- Capable of establishing and maintaining clear professional boundaries
- A strong sense of personal accountability and resilience.
What ACSO can offer you
- Full-time, fixed term position available until 30 June 2022. Primarily based in Bendigo
- $82,700 base salary + 9.5 % superannuation + NFP salary packaging options (more after tax $ in your pocket!)
- Paid parental leave
- 17.5% annual leave loading
- Learning and development opportunities
- Wellbeing initiatives such as free flu vaccines, Employee Assistance Program and Reward and Recognition Program
- Flexible working arrangements
About the organisation
The Australian Community Support Organisation (ACSO) is a vibrant, values driven NFP, focused on partnering with Government and the community to co-design services that create real social change. We are an organisation with a bold vision to create a safe and inclusive community where prison truly is the last resort. Our purpose is to strengthen the wellbeing of our communities by advocating for and delivering services which divert people away from the justice system.
The Australian Community Support Organisation recognises the right to a safe and inclusive service without bias. ACSO is committed to the equitable treatment of its participants, employees and partners. We believe in humanity and celebrating the diverse voices of our community through lea dership, practice and policy design, to honour and embrace diverse traditions, cultures and experiences of those we support and work alongside.
How to apply
To apply and view the position description (PD), please visit our careers website and provide a copy of your resume, a brief covering letter and a document outlining responses to the selection criteria found in the PD.
ACSO embraces diversity within its workforce and as such encourages applications from appropriately qualified and skilled people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, including those from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island heritage. ACSO acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Victoria and pays respect to them, their culture and their Elders, past, present and future.
Please contact Catherine Nolan, Program Manager, Residential Services, on 0408 647 521 to learn mo re about this position.
Please quote in application: Team Leader - Youth Outreach Recovery Service via Pro Bono Australia.