About the role
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Specialisterne Technical Consultant is responsible for on the ground development & delivery of assessments activities for the purposes of screening and assessing autistic candidates through Specialisterne programs. A client-facing role, the Specialisterne Technical Consultant works closely with Specialisterne teams as well as clients (Employers) and coaches them on developing tools and assessments activities that provide alternatives to traditional recruitment practices.
Additionally the Specialisterne Technical Consultant has responsibilities for the establishment, setup, support and maintenance of Specialisterne ICT infrastructure both operationally and in supporting Specialisterne programs and staff and internal systems for any IT related issues.
The Specialisterne Technical Consultant role will be a remote working/working from home position and the successful candidate can be based anywhere in Australia.
- Setting up and preparing programs using existing Specialisterne IT and information or project management systems
- Routine setup, support and maintenance of all Specialisterne ICT systems
- Capability in using Zoho Recruit, Zoho Projects, and Zoho CRM to assist with gathering, storing and managing client and candidate information
- Ability to train internal staff in using our Zoho systems
- Strong writing skills with the ability to write a range of content such as job descriptions, job advertisements, employee assessments, and website content
- Supporting operational and non-operational internal staff requests for technical assistance
- Support Specialisterne Consultants with targeted recruitment campaigns to attract candidates on the autism spectrum
- Work closely and advise and assist Specialisterne clients (Employers) to develop company and role-specific technical assessments to screen and assess talent in Specialisterne candidate assessment centres
- Co-design and co-delivery of candidate pre-selection activities and actively participate in the decision making process of selecting candidates
- Co-delivering candidate Assessment programs for selected candidates
- Candidate facing activities such as preparing and transitioning individuals into the work environment (where applicable)
- Capacity building activities including training of managers, supervisors and co-workers and advice on workplace adjustments (where applicable)
- Provide as required occasional Technical Support to employees placed into employment with Specialisterne client programs where the support required may be of a technically specific nature
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Sound understanding of IT concepts
- Ability to work autonomously
- IT helpdesk experience
- External client sales & management
- Project management
- Client-facing support/management
- Technical training experience
- Documentation & delivery experience
- Office 365 administration
- Internal IT systems configuration, troubleshooting & maintenance
- Client advisory support
WHAT THE WORK ENVIRONMENT IS LIKE:
This role will require you to work from home, you may also be required you to work in different locations, on-site with various employers. You must be comfortable to travel to various worksites. Occasionally there may be some interstate travel required, however, where possible staff will support activities in their nominated state or territory.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Contact Angela Bueti, Program Manager, phone 0434 828 899 or email email@example.com, using the subject line: Technical Consultant enquiry.
About the organisation
Specialisterne Centre Australia (Specialisterne or SCA) is a not for profit social impact enterprise established in 2015 as a branch of the global Specialisterne Foundation. SCA has a goal to create 12,000 job opportunities for autistic individuals by 2030.
In 2015 the unemployment rate for people with autism spectrum disorders in Australia was 31.6%, more than three times the rate for people with disability (10.0%) and almost six times the rate of people without disability (5.3%).
Our approach to achieving our goal of 12,000 jobs for people with autism:
Creating connections – Building and creating linkages, pipelines and connections between autistic individuals and potential employers;
Capacity Building – Building the capacity and understanding of employers and businesses to recognise and engage the skills and talents of autistic individuals, as well as assisting autistic individuals to identify their skills and talents and prepare them for roles within the workplace. We also build support capacity building of other support organisations and services that provide support to autistic individuals seeking employment;
Measuring Impact - Measure Specialisterne’s impact; analysing existing data, models and approaches; developing evidence base; measuring efficacy of programs and innovations.
Policy Influence - Establishing our goal and the issue for adults with autism facing employment barriers as a priority with government and industry; shape decision makers thinking and legislation; supporting industry guidelines to further grow the employment market for autistic talent;
Innovation - Testing new approaches, filling market gaps and designing practical solutions for autistic talent to secure meaningful employment and for employers to pursue and secure autistic talent.
Specialisterne offer a range of sourcing, assessment and recruitment programs as a fee for service option to business employers looking to diversify their workforce and develop their capacity to support neurodiverse employees. Specialisterne also actively pursue grants to engage in other project work to support autistic individuals to identify and harness their talents and connect with potential employers.
The Specialisterne’s tailored assessment program process consists of individual assessment of candidate’s motivation, workability, professionalism, shared and specialist skills according to Specialisterne’s Competence Model. The purpose of these assessment programs and activities is to establish individual and team comfort zones and match these with the work zone to make the best possible fit between the job and the individual.
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Technical Consultant via Pro Bono Australia.