About the role
- Leading Community Services Organisation
- Salary packaging, and competitive sector remuneration
- Full-Time Ongoing
- Traralgon location
About the opportunity
Uniting Vic.Tas together with our partners: Gippsland and East Gippsland Aboriginal Co-operative (GEGAC) are seeking an experienced Youth AOD Program Counsellor to join our Traralgon Youth Residential Rehabilitation program.
This role contributes to the provision of a safe and hospitable environment and rehabilitation for young people participating in residential AOD rehabilitation. The scope of the role includes delivery of the model of care program items, coordinating with contractors for addendum program items, and working with the AOD support team to ensure clients are supported in all aspects of program delivery.
You can view the full position description here
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Relevant health and or welfare Teritary Qualification such as Social Work, Youth Work, Psychology, Nursing or Allied Health, Mental Health, Community Services.
- Certificate IV in AOD or have completed the core competencies (or able to complete within the first 12 months of employment).
- Competencies in dual diagnosis (or able to complete within the first 24 months of employment).
- Familiarity with the Alcohol and Other Drug Sector, knowledge of the relationship with the Forensic AOD System and Central Intake Services.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of screening, assessment and community based treatment for all clients with AOD and mental health issues.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, apply today by submitting the following
- Cover Letter (1 page outlining your suitability according to the position description)
- Current Resume (no more than 3 pages)
- Address the Core selection criteria in the position description
Applications close Tuesday 15 June 2021
Get in touch
Scott Forrest – Manager Traralgon Youth Residential Rehabilitation Service
M: 0456 689 135
At Uniting we are passionate about working together to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. Visit us: unitingvictas.org.au
Uniting is a child safe organisation and is committed in everyday practice to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children, at all times. As a ‘child safe’ organisation, employment with Uniting is subject to a satisfactory national (and international where relevant) police check and Working With Children Check (in Victoria) and/or Working With Vulnerable People Check (in Tasmania) prior to commencement of any paid or unpaid work and/or participation in any service or undertaking.
We work in solidarity with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First Peoples and as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We celebrate diversity and value the lived experience of people of every ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, sex and sexual orientation. We welcome lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender diverse and non-binary, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ+) people at our services. We pledge to provide inclusive and non-discriminatory services.
About the organisation
How to apply
Applications not allowed for this job listing.
Please quote in application: Youth AOD Program Counsellor via Pro Bono Australia.