About the role
Make a difference to kindergarten children experiencing vulnerability!
Fantastic opportunity to play a vital role in fostering pivotal connections between families and early childhood education, care services & educators.
Various locations; on the lands of Wurundjeri People and Taungurung People
About the role/opportunity:
- Support and sustain engagement of children in a kindergarten environment
- Build trusting & respectful relationships with parents to encourage effective in-home learning
- Foster important connections and collaboration between the family, the early childhood education and care (ECEC) service and its educators, and other services
- Share and develop your expertise in relational and strengthbased practice, by engaging your strong interpersonal communication skills and empowering families and their support networks to work in collaboration for better outcomes
- Apply your demonstrated skill for independent work outputs and supporting team members to achieved desired results
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Essential: Degree qualification in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Early Childhood or related field
- Have genuine understanding and expertise in:
Family-centred practice (partnerships with families)
- Ability to apply organisational practice models, procedures, theoretical frameworks, and relevant legislation when working with clients and teams
- High level skills to engage and triage clients in an effective, safe, and timely manner
As a member of the Kids First team you will:
- Be part of a collaborative and outcomes focused culture of an independent, not-for-profit organisation that has a legacy of more than 120 years community service
- Take home an attractive salary with the option to salary package to increase take home pay
- Be part of progressive, values-based organisation
- Have access to flexible work options and our staff wellbeing program
- Portable long services leave
About the organisation
With a proud history and a progressive mindset, Kids First is a leading provider of educational, family and support services for children and families in Melbourne. We are at the forefront of responding to
community needs and strengthening families so that children can thrive. Our programs are evidence-based and built on more than 120 years of service.
How to apply
Only applications submitted via our website will be considered.
Please include a Cover letter outlining the position title and response addressing the selection criteria & a copy of the Curriculum Vitae which must list two professional referees.
For inquiries about the position, please contact Diana Piki on 0434 156 098.
Kids First is an Equal Opportunity employer that respects and values diversity and inclusion.
Kids First welcomes everyone to apply, regardless of age, ethnicity, cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, and physical ability.
Kids First is a Child Safe Organisation, employment is conditional on satisfactory referee checks, a current Working With Children Check, National Criminal History check, proof of the right to work in Australia and a pre-employment medical (if applicable).
Please quote in application: Access to Early Learning Facilitator via Pro Bono Australia.